1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Terry Bradshaw Super Bowl Highlights

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JackAttack 5958, Jan 12, 2017.

1. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Look, I realize Bradshaw is petty, wears his feelings on his sleeve, speaks without thinking and has a lot of idiosyncrasies that drive people crazy. But...like him or not he's the Steelers quarterback for the ages up to this point in history. Maybe Ben replaces him as the Steelers greatest quarterback before his career is over, but he needs to deliver on a couple of more Lombardis first. TB has four and Ben has two. Bradshaw seemed to come up BIG every time the situation called for it in Super Bowls. His stats weren't great in the first couple, but he still played very well and delivered when called upon. In his last two, he put the team on his shoulders and carried it at critical times in those games and was named MVP of Super Bowl XIII and XIV. If I could choose one quarterback to go out and win one Super Bowl, I'm not so sure I wouldn't pick the Blonde Bomber. Honestly, with the exception of one magical drive, Ben's performance in Super Bowls has been mediocre to downright abysmal.

I understand the frustration with Bradshaw, but all of the disparaging comments about him are overboard considering what he's meant to the NFL's most successful franchise. I think many of these comments are coming from our younger members who don't have an appreciation for Bradshaw's contributions to our Super Bowl Championships. Here is a small snippet of what Bradshaw did for us in those Super Bowls. Enjoy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I said in another thread that he was my favorite player growing up and I'll always love what he did for the Steelers but that doesn't mean I am going to kiss his hiney when he's being a jerk now.

That was then, this is now, I liked him then, not as much now.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Terry's way of lighting a fire under the coaches and players to get the job done and win the SB? A method to his madness.....?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I thought so at first but apparently he isn't a Steelers fan? Really starting to believe after coming after Ben and Tomlin. He wanted to be the only one to win Super Bowls in Pittsburgh. I thought for once it didn't have to be all about him but nope. Screw Bradshaw, I'm done with him.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Nobody's saying to "kiss his hiney" and it's fine to think he's a jerk, but there are some who are talking about the guy like they wished he never existed and were never a Steeler. That's just ridiculous. People say and do stupid things. Honestly, I have more of a visceral attachment to Bradshaw than I do Mike Tomlin even though I think Bradshaw went overboard with his cheerleader comments. I know Tomlin was just being clever, but I didn't find his comments saying he grew up a Cowboys fan and in particular a Hollywood Henderson fan the least bit amusing. In one way, it kind of offended me as a Steeler fan who grew up in the 70s.

At any rate, some of the attacks on Bradshaw because of what he said, which was stupid, is over the top. Bradshaw said in a subsequent interview that he should have used the word "motivator" instead of "cheerleader". I agree with that. I also agree with Bradshaw, as does Tomlin himself, that Tomlin hasn't achieved greatness in the head coaching ranks yet. Hopefully, after we win number seven this year we can reopen the debate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Or some people are just overly sensitive.

7. nofieldfive

nofieldfive Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2015
    watching the TD plays - nice to not see the dances and showboating afterwards. just drop the ball and run back to the sideline

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I was just speaking for myself, I haven't even read all the comments from others.

He'll always be a huge part of Steelers history, no matter how much of a poopoo head he is now :)

I disagree about your comment on Tomlin though. Someone takes a shot at you, they have every right to fire back. I thought Tomlins quip was very clever and funny. BA-ZING! Thought he got TB good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    I know Tomlin was being funny, but there are two teams that I loathe to my inner depths being a Steeler fan from the 70s, the Raiders AND the Cowboys. I could not stand Hollywood "Cokehead" Henderson and he was public enemy number one for the Steelers and Steeler fans in Super Bowl XIII. I guess I'm still a little sensitive about it all these years later. (Like Bradshaw, lol)

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Watching those highlights did anybody notice that alot of his passes were high? He must have been nursing a knee injury all those years.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    And now he just sounds high lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  13. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I loved Bradshaw when I was a kid. I can't tell you how many #12 jerseys I owned over the years. But, like you said, that doesn't mean I care for how he's acting now.

14. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I still love the goofy bastard!

• Like Like x 1
  15. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    everyone is entitled to their opinion. terry came from being coached by noll which was a pretty no nonsense guy when it came to calling a spade a spade, but he had a way of motivation to go along with that. terry doesn't come off as well trying that same type of communication. :cool:

16. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    He still was one hell of a quarterback. Remember there was no concussion protocol then, and I think he got to many of them thru the years. :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    SB
    Agree 100%. If you didn't live through the 4 SB wins you can't understand his value in helping the Steelers win them. I feel bad for the youngsters who missed that period of time in Steeler history. It was amazing.

• Like Like x 1