1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Terry Bradshaw - Going Deep

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel machine, Feb 24, 2022.

1. RobertoC#21

RobertoC#21 Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2011

I dont know why you have this infatuation with Neil ODonnell. He was an average to slightly above average QB in the NFL. he wont get into the HOF because he was never good enough to carry any team or be the difference maker. If you want to talk smack about how Bradshaw had the steel curtain and Odonnell had a 2 bit defense, I guess you dont remember that the defense was the only reason we didnt get blown out by the Cowboys after Neil's horrendous gifts to Larry Brown. If I recall correctly, I may not have the facts 100% straight because I am old and have seen a lot BS in my lifetime, but that so called scrub defense that you are alluding to in SBXXX that the Steelers trotted out on the field held the the Dallas TRIO ( Aikman, Smith and Irvin ) to something like 95 total yards from the middle of the 2nd QTR on.....I dont know what you consider a great defense, but that defense kept us in that game until Neil gave it away completely with his pass to a wide open Larry Brown as the Steelers were driving in the 4th Qtr to take the lead.....Neil Odonnell isnt even in the conversation as greatest QB's in NFL history, yet Bradshaw after being out of the game for nearly 40 years now somehow still is !!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1