1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Terrell Edmunds probably coming back on the cheap

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by BK99, Mar 24, 2022.

1. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Tons of players get "ripped" for being reaches. Dumb people get super emotional when CBS Sports ranks a player 41st overall and then he gets picked 30th.... and somehow its a "reach". Its like people think they are GM's and some freaking paper tells them a player sits at a certain rank and deviating from that is somehow a problem. Oh this guy was ranked 22 and dropped to 40? What a steal. Great value lol its meaningless. Its just a way for emotional fans to vent about a pick they don't like (for super educated reasons of course ;) ) or to get hype about a guy they selected like their team is some kind of genius savant for landing the "22nd rated prospect" in round 2. Edmunds was projected to go outside the first by "draft experts" prior to showing out in the combine and interviewing super well. Guys make themselves money in the combine every year. Easy explanation. Again, Edmunds landed right in the hotspot for the higher end "box" safeties in any given draft. To think there is somehow evidence that 32 other picks ahead of our round 2 selection would have passed on him FOR SURE is ludicrous. Whatever "evidence" you think you have isn't worth the time to read it, nor the keyboard it was hastily mashed out on. It's biased speculation at best.

There is absolutely no need to get so emotional about proving a point. We get it, you're mad and smarter than everyone else lol The truth about it is that we picked him in the first, so we will never know for sure. This actually works super well for you since now you can keep going on about how you are right, and no one can definitively prove you wrong. You can keep living in that world and feel super good about it.

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    No, but the information we have gained since the draft makes it even clearer unless you are foolish enough to think they were right to draft the crappy safety over the All-Pro linebacker.

3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I have presented the evidence on this board many times. Edmunds wasn't even in the top 100 players on some lists. He was a massive reach and his level of play since then has backed up the point. I'm not angry at all, but smarter than you? Well....

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    that is about all that Mathieu beat him at the last two years. TDs, completions, yards given up, completions percentage against, all in Edmunds favor. :shrug: :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    What did I say in my last post about emotional people and their "lists". From you know, "experts" hahaha keep existing in that world brother.

As for your "evidence", I'm glad you're sticking by it. You wouldn't be a pretentious narcissist if your biased opinions weren't set in stone fact ;)

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

• Like Like x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I've posted these things many times. I'm sorry that you are too busy wearing the fanboy glasses for Edmunds to see reality.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Maybe. Looks like he is either headed somewhere else, or is trying to leverage for some extra money. Would definitely be good with him coming back, but it won’t be a massive loss if he’s gone. We need to find our starting SS soon if he’s out though. Would hate to go into the draft without a plan at that position.

9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

You are right on that. Who knows?

We will have to wait and see!!

10. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Hopefully we can bring him back on a reasonable deal.

11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Edmunds was rated in the fifties ahead of Leonard on some lists, try again.

12. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Alex Kozora, Dale Lolley, Matt Williamson all have commented this offseason about Leonard being hindsight, they said the Steelers weren't going to draft him in the first round, I trust their judgment over yours. I don't know if you have noticed this week that Tomlin/Colbert have been going to pro days, but they didn't attend Leonard's that year so he was never going to the choice :shrug:.

13. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    So that's not really the point at all.
    The point being there were higher value picks at that spot. I picked two.
    I know what they did, I was there personally.

• Like Like x 1
  14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Did you see their board :rolleyes:?

15. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022

Don't fixate on that - remove those 2 as I just used them as an example. If you know anything about the draft as I suspect, then you know there were higher value picks.
    Edmunds was a 'either' a need, or a 'reach.' - at the time, I thought maybe it was going to be one of those gem picks that Colbert can pull off - He's one of the few a I ever question. (a lot of folks were a little puzzled.)
    Every year Pittsburgh gets raped of the talent they find and every year they find a way - that's because this is a very good scouting organization and Colbert is very good.

I was with Washington at the time, but the Steelers and I go way back, there are ancient ties (Dad did business with Mr. Rooney, he was a huge fan of the man and the team, etc.). I always kept a keen eye on them.
    Teams don't show their board....
    It's just that it is a small world, and I knew who they scouted.

• Like Like x 1
  16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Now you’re catching on

• Like Like x 1
  17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    It’s been pointed out many times as was Leonard not being the next highest graded LB.

Regardless, if you draft by those lists, you are a dumb football team.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022

Very true.
    NFL draft rooms almost never have even look at those Mock Draft thingy's....
    *There are some dumb War Rooms, ie; Washington.

The good ones draw up based on inputs from scouting.
    Indy did a nice job on Leonard. Having watched him a few times myself, I figured he'd fit well into the NFL, no idea that he would be that good.

I've seen some very weird theories on how teams draft.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Kazee sounds intriguing

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I supported that statement many times. I'm sorry you failed to keep up.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Yeah, drafting Leonard over Edmunds would have been so stupid. I don't know why it is so hard for some of you to admit the Steelers screwed that one up.

22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I never questioned the notion that the Steelers had no interest in Leonard in the first round that year. The point is that they were wrong to not want him, which has been proven true in the years since that draft. They weren't alone, but they absolutely blew it on Leonard.

You and others keep making the same ridiculous argument. The Steelers didn't want the guy, so not taking him was the right thing to do. That is just idiotic thinking.

23. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I like that kid better.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    I'm laughing at how there is an article headline that says edumnd returns. But then you open it and says probably and had nothing to back that up.

And then we have this thread here saying probably. And there's no reason to think that.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I think Pittsburgh is in a 'wait-n-n-see' posture on Edmunds.
    They know what he brings to the table.
    If some team wants to give him a great payday, so be it.

As far as the pick goes: You win some and lose some. They've had some great finds.
    I personally did not have Edmunds up there as many (pros) had him around the 6th best safety.
    But it isn't about 'I told you so.'
    He did last the length of his contract, so that's not exactly a bust.

They can certainly focus on the draft to address the need. Hopefully they do better.

• Agree Agree x 3