1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Teo vs Warmack??

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by cajunyankee, Jan 7, 2013.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    If @ #17 they both are there, Teo & Warmack , who do we draft?

After watching the 1st half of the title game I can see Teo slipping to #17 now.

Could we pass on Warmack @ 17?

Cajun-

2. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Dude is legit we could have one of the best lines in the league and all under 26. Either way you win in my eyes though

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    or barrett jones. the dude is for real. won the outland trophey last year at LTand didn't give up a sack all year. won the rimington award this year as the best center in college football. started out a bama as the starting RG. could only help this line revamping. this new line is going to be good at some point. one more piece of the puzzle is needed.:cool:

4. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    We'd go Te'o. There is a clear pattern that our FO follows in drafting, alternating between offense and defense each year with the first pick. Personally I'd go Warmack and solidify our OL once and for all, potentially ending the offensive misery we've been experienceing the past 6 years. But in real life we go defense.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i have been taking flack for saying that for years now GB. they do alternate every year. it is the defenses turn. we have a 1 at ILB that is getting to his prime. none at OLB. none at CB. one partimer nearly on his way out at safety. 2 young up and comers on the DL as 1st rounders. we have 3 good young guys at corner if we keep lewis. so maybe a one isn't needed here. that leaves our next safety or OLB that deserves one. we do have some young depth at OLB though. worilds , carter, robinson. they should only get better by next year.:cool:

6. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    If we are going to keep the 3-4 defense we need two stud ILBers. We have worilds at olb hopefully lewis and Allen as young corners. If they are going defense its gotta be ilb or safety.

7. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

Not sure how much the rotation is by design....last year would have been Hightower if Decastro didn't fall...which is why Te'o would be the choice..they have already said they need a MLB

HACK

8. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    I'd say no to OL and take Teo (just going by taking one or the other only)

9. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I would have said that too last night before the game. We have a need at LG. If we cut colon we save money. This Warmack kid impressed me. He's huge, strong and fast. He was locking his man up and getting to the second level eassily. I've read he's being projected as a better prospect than DeCastro was. If that is true and we get him our interior would be Warmack-Pouncey-DeCastro. If we can't protect Ben's last 5 years and run behind that with success we need to just quit playing.

Cajun-

10. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    We only save like 1.5 million by cutting Colon. It really isn't a big savings.

11. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    yes but you save 6 milion in 2014 too

12. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    living in tennessee i get to see sec teams every week. i am a bama fan and have been my whole life. the talent in this league the past six years has been unmatched. teo is a good player but he is slow when compared to sec lbs. i would rathe have ogletree ftom georgia. he has speed and makes playes against sec teams whuch if anyone watched the game last night teo cant do. if he cant do now i dont think he can do it in the nfl. everyone says yeah but bama has a line that will all play in nfl. guess what nfl lines are all better. he is a bad pick to anyone in first round. we need speed. if we could get womack at 17 its a no brainer. this years d class is deep with sec talent at positions we need. i just hope we pull the trigger

13. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Take warmack and don't look back.

14. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    It's Te'o for me, no question. I'm not willing to totally give up on the guy because of one bad game.

Part of me is still holding out hope that our LG of the future is Mike Pouncey.

15. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I am beginning to change my mind also. At first I was pushing for Te'o, but now I am leaning towards Warmack or Ansah or Jordan. My main concern is are we investing too much in our oline?
    My goodness how many 1st and 2nd round picks our we going to have on our oline...we better dominate..or else something is wrong.

16. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011

what he said

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I just posted about this in another thread, I'm leaning towards line, really does make life so much easier in everything you try to do with a solid offensive line.

18. Nah85

Nah85 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Sign Rolando draft Womack.

19. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    warmack minter rambo 1 2 3 ?

20. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    While I don't watch much college...and only watched a small amount of last nights game...I'm not going to let 1 game right Teo off and such. I personally do not think LG is a big need. If they keep Colon another year I have no problem with it as he was playing solid before injury/etc. If they cut him and are able to re-sign Foster...I think him and DeCastro can man the 2 OG positions just fine. I do not think there is a need to spend another high draft pick on the OL. As i said in another thread...if all these high picks become solid players/stars...how can you afford to keep them all anyways. And if they keep neglecting other positions on the team (D) those positions will end up like the OL did in recent years. But as I said hey if they think its better to draft an OL/etc then fine...so be it...i will support it as I have their other picks.

21. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    that is a home run. warmack and minter would start. rambo is a ballhawk and would play in nickel right away if cortez is starter because we lose lewis

22. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That would be awesome. I am all over Minter in the 2nd if he is there. He really reminds me of a young Farrior or Vilma. If we think we can get Minter in the 2nd, no need for Te'o, and Warmack is a stud LG (that I think you take if he is there regardless as he would be the better player available IMNO).

23. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    Obviously it was only one game, but I didn't see any reason for the Te'o man love in last nights game. Of course everyone has bad games, but he looked lost in the first half. I haven't seen any other ND games this season.

24. antennaman1969

antennaman1969 Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2012
    I said it in another thread; I'll say it again. People won't put up with Larry Foote's being out-of-position, chasing his man, or doing pirouettes during plays. How would you put up with a couple of years of a new guy (Te'o) doing the same thing? At least get a bigger guy that can at least get in an offensive lineman's way or fall down in the hole and plug it up till help arrives. Several options have already been mentioned.

25. SteelerNDC

SteelerNDC Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Warmack for sure. As others have said, he dominated his man every time, was very quick and was the best player on the field out of both teams. Take him and use the 6mill savings from cutting Colon to resign Pouncy.