1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tenn/Pitt...

Discussion in 'College Football Talk' started by S.T.D, Sep 10, 2022.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Excellent game so far.

2. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Wow!!!
    Great game. I Love overtime in College. I think the NFL overtime sucks in comparison , but I do understand their reasonings.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Pitt showed lots of guts. The boys showed zero quit in their game despite being a MASH unit with a backup QB giving his best Leftwich at Marshall impression. My biggest disappointment was the lack of adjustments to stop Tennessee's blitz on offenses right side. Ironically this game kinda proved how ready Pickett is. He played behind this very same line and made it work. The current QBs are just sitting ducks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Agreed, and.......
    I know it didn't turn out like You wanted it.
    Sorry, but for Us(other fans) it was a very awesomely entertaining game.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    I was entertained. I enjoyed every minute, despite the outcome. If I was upset, I'd be either dropping f bombs on every social media outlet and here, or not posting at all. Pitt took an SEC program to OT despite a ton of shortcomings. Once we get healthy, we should be fine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    TN is only in their 2nd year with Heupel and they have been a raging dumpster fire for the past 15 years. Which I won't get into here but they've been the laughing stock of the SEC and maybe all of NCAA. They are ahead of plan with Heupel and this was his first win as a ranked team against another ranked team. So I'd call it a signature win for the Vols under Heupel. TN has 2 NFL WRs in Cedric Tillman and Bru McCoy, a big and athletic OL, a mobile QB with a decent arm who is a dark horse Heisman candidate and an offense scheme that goes fast and typically puts up a lot of points. Defense is work in progress that was one of the worst in the SEC last year.

That said, TN made too many mistakes and Pitt wasn't able to capitalize on them. The botched catch on the punt, blocked punt, and fumble by Wright to name a few. Pitt kicker blew. The Pitt OL blew. Maybe would have been a different outcome if Slovis didn't go down. They let the TN front 7 get way to much pressure on the QBs.

I'm happy for the win as a Vols fan but Pitt was over rated and over ranked at 17. I hope Slovis is OK.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Damn shame they lost their QB for second half.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's football, and why You keep Your Qbs

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    who is Pitt's starting QB?

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Slovis, but He didn't finish the game.

11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Well Nostradamus, it's your fault. Luckily, the Bus wasn't calling the OT coin flip today. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I was able to catch some of this game and it was entertaining. Slovis looked pretty solid when I was watching.

Funny… nobody is talking about the UCONN/Syracuse game. :puking: I sat through that stinker until the final kneel down.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Can't say I watched that one. LoL. Was it actually on a TV station????

14. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Yes. Must-see TV

15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL :thumbs_up:
    So You are a UCONN fan right????

16. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Yes. I went to UCONN, so it’s obligatory. The good thing about staying at that game until the end was that we got out of the parking lot in 5 minutes.

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's cool. If I went to UCONN I would be a fan also. I totally get it. I just wanted to know....now next time I see them on(if the Razorbacks aren't playing) I'm giving them a watch.

18. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Don’t subject yourself to that. Wait for basketball season. Trust me, it’s not pretty football.

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't watch basketball until the sweet 16. I've always considered it a exclusive sport....for only tall people. It's the only sport like that. The average Height of a NBA player is 6'6", and that's the lowest its been in a decade. As a 5'10" 209 pound man ....I find it racist. LoL :roflmao::lolol:
    So I don't watch. Although I have been 2 some Bulls games during MJs career. :thumbs_up:

20. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm subjecting Myself to watching them right now against Michigan. So far they don't look very good.

21. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    It’s going to take time for Mora to restock the talent that’s been degrading since coach Edsall abandoned them after they played in the Fiesta Bowl in 2011. They’re young at the skill positions, but other than RB Nathan Carter I don’t have a lot of hope for any of them. Maybe Hugh Millen’s son who is currently a backup QB.

I have to watch because that’s my alma mater. Not sure why anyone but a Michigan fan or UCONN fan would be watching this snuff film

• Like Like x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Im watching because You are a fan, I consider You a Steelers brother, and Georgia is whooping South Carolina worse than Michigan is UCONN. LoL.
    Does that answer Your question??? LoL

23. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Well… thanks I guess LOL. I wasn’t looking for charity. One good thing about UCONN: no Spencer Rattler!

At least you can scout some potential NFL talent at Michigan by watching.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    My buddy who has UCONN season tickets just texted me: “why am I watching this?” I replied “Blind loyalty.”

As painful as it is, we’ve all got to stick with our teams. No matter how bad it get.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2022
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    As a Razorbacks fan.....believe Me I have been there.