1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Ted Ginn?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SteelHack, Mar 18, 2012.

1. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I think I might make a play for him.....Brown is said to be to valuable to return anymore....why not put Ginn in as your #4 WR...and Return man?

HACK

2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'd prefer Cotchery be the #4, but if he leaves I'm all about it. I love Sanders as a receiver, but not as a returner. Ginn is the real deal. Has to be dirt cheap though, of course.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I'd prefer Cotchery as well, but if he doesn't stay then heck yeah I'd take Ginn if the price was right. I read that the Ravens have interest in him, and he visited them on Friday.

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    We surely can't afford Ginn but I do think it would be cool to have him. I DEFINITELY wouldn't want the Ravens to have him. It would be awesome to see him and Antonio Brown run a reverse on a kickoff though!

5. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    This.

6. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I bet Cotchery costs more,and does no offer the ST bump that Ginn does.

Ginn also visited the Lions, and word is they would bump Logan for Ginn.....I'd take Logan back as well.

HACK

7. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Wallace,brown,sanders,cotchery,ginn ....pretty good lineup

8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I can't see Ginn fitting in with the Ravens. He doesn't seem to be as physical a receiver as the rest of their corps, and that was largely how they beat us last season - wrestling with the CBs. I could be wrong, but I see the Lions as a better fit for Ginn.

9. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    He has 2000 yards and 6 TD's in 5 seasons... I don't think he'd cost much at all.

10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah Steel I knew he was basically a bust but I just get the impression that teams see potential in him and might be willing to pay a good price for incentive. He seems to be still hyped. NFL network was always singing his praises.

11. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I think the only way I look at Ginn is if Wallace somehow gets an offer that forces you to let him walk. I do not see that as likely, but if it did it would put you in a position where neither Sanders or Brown should be a return man. Cotchery can't do it. Ginn would be the #4 here and could also take that role. I also think Baron Batch might be an option for that role, at least on kickoffs. Anyway if Wallace would leave and you sign Cotchery and Ginn: Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, Ginn...that could be your top 4 WRs.