1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tear it down

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Utpittsburghfan, Oct 1, 2023.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Dobbs sucked for years. Put him in this ****show of an offense and you would see more of what he has always been. They didn't trust Conner to stay healthy. When he is healthy, the guy can play. It helps both of those guys that they are in an offense run by a coach who knows how to put players in a position to succeed.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    It was a terrible beating yesterday, I don't think anybody expected something like that.

But you know what that is what being Hungry gets you, Texans were hungry we weren't.

Sadly it looks like Kenny has totally regressed he may not have the talent level to lead this football team.

Offense is totally out of Sync, it looks like they have zero faith in what they do from playing calling to playing.

Defense so much money spent. Totally gashed by running games and they just let big game after big game to a WR.

Only person you can't get on is Boswell.

Hope Kenny comes back and can try to do something, we need to see something from an Organizational stand point, because if not, its gonna be time to draft a QB again by the looks of it.

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Our coaching staff completely ****ed Green over. The worst handling of a players career I have ever seen. If Green goes onto be a good gaurd with Houston that just puts a stamp on how ****ty our coaches are.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Love that Dobbs is playing well. Funny what happens when you give a player a chance. I figured he must be showing stuff in practice that has all these coaches thinking he can’t play the position but turns out they just suck at their job.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. jrompola

jrompola Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Dobbs sucked where? on the practice field? By no means do I think he should have been given any chances with pittsburgh, but to say he sucked I'm wondering how you came to that conclusion

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I had the feeling of hopelessness 4 games into the 11-0 season.
    Confirmed suspicions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The one time the Steelers gave him significant playing time against the Raiders, he sucked. When the Titans made him their starter late last season, sucked is too strong a word, but he wasn't good. I believe this is his fourth or fifth team, so it's not like the Steelers were the only ones who saw nothing more than a backup in him.

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    When a player is repeatedly beaten out for playing time, it is silly to claim that he wasn't given a chance.

9. jrompola

Jul 7, 2015
    Right...I do not think he is anything more than a backup plus he was here when Ben was the guy, so he was never getting any opportunity. His current opportunity is the best of what he has been given in his career. The titans season was over when he started the last 2 games of the year. I do not recollect significant playing time vs the raiders and do not feel like looking into it more because he attempted a total of 17 passes as a steeler over 2 seasons of being active. Guess he didn't have Brady's mentality of the 2 reps being ran like he was playing in the superbowl if he was given at practice if he was even given that

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Dobbs is currently with his sixth organization. The Cardinals have him because a rookie beat him out for the No. 2 job in Cleveland, a rookie who was terrible yesterday against the Ravens. Maybe he finally figured some things out six years into his career. The funny part is that some of the same people complaining about the Steelers not still having Dobbs even though he couldn't earn playing time until year six are also ready to give up on Pickett four games into his second season.

11. jrompola

Jul 7, 2015
    Its telling how terrible things are in Pittsburgh we're even talking about a career backup.
    If he only he got that extra senior year in college he too could have been a 1st round pick

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thasts dumb, Scribe. He never started, this is his first season he is starting. I won’t have patience for this so go peddle this silly **** to someone else.

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I'm not a draft guru but I believe using a 1st round pick on a RB and then a QB without an OL is just plain back assward. If it is Steeler Doctrine that has been used for years regarding best player available, etc., then organizational changes may be needed to keep pace with the rest of the league's elites in the area of team building. JMO>

14. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Dobbs can't throw a sideline pass, never could.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Well that is either fabricated bs or he is hasn’t been throwing to the sidelines this season.

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Quarterbacks are rare and valuable commodities. Five organizations got a good look at Dobbs and found him wanting. Going to training camp with a team is an opportunity. Playing in preseason games with a team is an opportunity. Playing in even one or two regular-season games is an opportunity. He had one or all of those things with the Steelers, Titans, and Browns. None of them saw enough to keep him around. The Lions also had him with no quality back up and didn't keep him. The Jaguars traded for him and didn't see reason to keep him. Those were opportunities.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Utpittsburghfan

Utpittsburghfan Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2018
    Did Dobbs bang your wife or something???

18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    It's fact, in my opinion.

Otherwise, the Steelers should have waited until this season to unleash Dobbs.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    LOL, they should have unreleased him! :lolol:

Clearly teams have been wrong about Dobbs, maybe he doesn’t practice well but the fact is he was never given a chance and now when he finally gets a starting gig he is playing well.

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I have nothing against Dobbs. He seems like a good guy and his fast start to the season is a fun story.

That said, this revisionist history is getting old. The Steelers weren't the only team to get a good look at him and think he wasn't worth keeping. Four other teams did the same thing. The year the Jaguars traded for him, they were desperate for help at quarterback and still never saw enough to give him a snap in a real game. When a player gets that many shots and can't hang on, it is hard to blame one of the teams that moved on from him for doing so.

21. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That or he just wasn't good when those teams had him. Some guys take a long time to get it. Geno Smith is a prime example, though Dobbs has a ways to go to rise to that level.

It is this notion that a player didn't get a shot if he didn't get to start in the regular season that bothers me. He got opportunities in training camp and preseason. He didn't show enough to earn more. That he may have figured some things out now doesn't mean he was good then.

22. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Dobbs is better than anyone we have and he was not good here because our coaches are horrible at what they do. The coaching despairity is becoming more relevant every game we play we are out coached and under prepared every game for last 3 years

23. jrompola

Jul 7, 2015
    Give Dobbs a 2nd Sr season with Addison and he'd be big josh instead of turnover josh

24. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Dobbs is playing well but he lacks something that makes him the whole package.

25. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

organz

YES - it is and WAS. it was stated here for a couple of seasons. now - QB - replacing a LEGEND - well, talk to NE about how it is going.....that may take 10 - 20 years, sorry to say.