1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tear it down

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Utpittsburghfan, Oct 1, 2023.

1. OH Steeler Fan

OH Steeler Fan Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2019
    I thought the con man brought in some good players, I kinda still do. It's gotta be bigger than the players why they're only gaining 50 yards in the 1st half.

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Too many aspects about this are adding up. Now, if Tomlin were extended?! My above comments would be void. Could a Tomlin extension still happen?! It is possible.

However, this late into the season?! Yeah..... seems like AR 2 and Kahn & Weidl are ready for some change.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    From your keyboard to God's ears.

4. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    ?!

Don't think I follow. Sorry but a bit buzzed at the moment!! :lolol::drinks:

5. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Translation: I freakin hope so

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Ah!

Thank you!! :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SteelerNole

SteelerNole Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2019
    Luckily

8. Ytownsteeler

Ytownsteeler Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2015
    Steelers can only win one way. D scores and numerous turnovers. We are flatlining this year. We got five more wins if lucky. 7-10.
    We are light years from afc elite

9. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    No way !

10. NDsteelerfan

NDsteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Correct...but it's the way we are getting beat, and the absolute lack.of offensive competence that has most of us worried....won't be surprised if we don't win a game again this year...it's just not good on anykevel

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    Because the team is depressed they know the coaching and schemes and just about everything is terrible. They look around and wonder why they continue the same scheme that don’t work it’s hard to play when you know the other team is usually prepared better then you are .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    Should be 0-4

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Hardini68

Dec 3, 2018
    We are getting beat in every facet not just offense. The D is awful over 130 yards rushing per game the backs get torched in coverage every game we are out scored by 111 points in our last 17 games the team is going nowhere and has been

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. ljkjr74

ljkjr74 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2015

I completely agree with that. So who does the firing. Mr. Rooney that is like watching paint dry. This whole franchise is in limbo. No leadership whatsoever.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. zcoop

zcoop Well-Known Member

Jan 17, 2018
    A HM Special, :facepalm:

16. Utpittsburghfan

Utpittsburghfan Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2018

I think Rooney is the problem. He doesn’t have the desire to win. I really think it’s time for the Rooney’ store cash out…

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    This is different though. We dont have a rookie QB anymore. We supposedly got a lot better in the offseason and pre-season and were geared up for a big year.... only to be worse. We've regressed since the end of last season. The OC is still awful, the QB has sucked, the revamped line is horrible, our rookie OT isn't ready, and to top it all off our coach still doesn't have a clue. Even if we turn it around and finish 9-8 again, the coaches need to be gone. All of them. They HAVE to be held accountable

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    You know, I feel like I've heard this (and have even said it myself) at the start of almost every season for the last 5 years years, and yet in the middle or final stretch, Tomlin always somehow manages to pull a .500 or better season out of his ass, thus making his firing more difficult and perpetuating the mediocrity. It's honestly infuriating.

I hate being that guy that keeps hoping for their favorite team to have a really bad losing season, but I think a crash and burn - while painful in the short term - would ultimately change the Steelers' culture for the better - in the locker room and the front office. And besides, it's also just very long overdue anyway.

Endless middling seasons reinforces mediocrity. Greatness often arises from true adversity and hardship. But, beyond all of that, if it gets Tomlin out of Pittsburgh at the end of this year, then I'm definitely all for it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Tomlin is running the D though. What would changing out Austin actually do?

If it is Tomlins decision, I doubt he fires him.

20. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Tomlins contract runs out after the season. Should this continue, he isn't coming back.

• Like Like x 1
  21. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

Rooney
    won't
    do
    it

• Like Like x 1
  22. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

it will continue, it is time to move on

there is no answer. has not been for a while

many here have known that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Should have kept Conners and Dobbs and it looks like Greene can play at guard as well go figure.. We could have traded those picks for future picks and we would have a pile of ammo to rebuild with .. The Harris pick was a bad pick because of the OL the KP pick was a bad pick because his college weaknesses just to great to be a 1st. rounder ..

I have no doubt that the Conners ,Dobbs combo would be more effective than what we have now ..By the way Dobbs has 8 TD'S and no picks on the year ,,is he a franchise QB probably not , but I speculted a redo getting a 1st. rounder back and rolling with Dobbs a few weeks back now I am thinking a straight swap may be more fair..

24. WoodleyKick

WoodleyKick Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I like that guy!! "Played and ho'd" LOL!!

25. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Tomlin may have his fingers in those pies, but the predictable, unimaginative play design is all Canada.

That said, yesterday's game was an indictment of the entire coaching staff. They were thoroughly outcoached. The Texans found ways to put their rookie quarterback in positions to succeed despite a patchwork offensive line. More importantly, they seemed to know exactly what was coming from the Steelers' offense on almost every play. Houston came out with more energy and a much better plan.

• Agree Agree x 2