1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

TE Wesley Saunders

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by cajunyankee, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    it's still just a camp body. I can't say I see the logic behind giving the guy another shot, either, but I don't see the reason to fuss over it.

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    maybe, maybe not. the room has come a long way in talent since DJ was being kept on this team. saunders did many things well. does he have it together now is a huge question. how has the time off affected his play and is it for the better. that would give us 7 TE's in camp unless we swap him for another. :cool:

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    And it was actually worse than that, once a "good" position of the rabbit ears was found, often it had more to do with us kids holding onto them and enlarging the antenna capacity, thus having to stand in some awkward position during each round of the Gillette Friday Night Fights and being able to sit down at the end of each round during the commercial breaks (but then we usually had to go run for another Ft Pitt Pilsner for Dad and the neighbor guys watching with him). I remember being so hungry to watch baseball in the winter that my buddies and I would watch "Cuban baseball" that was broadcast on Saturday afternoons in the Burgh. I think Roman Mejias, being a Pirate, was the only name we recognized.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I remember studio wrestling hosted by Bill cardille. Bruno sanmartino, George the animal steel, the Batman. :cool:

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    A friend of mine in college, who was not from the area came back from a date one time somewhat shook up. He met her at a party and asked her for a date. Her last name didn't mean anything. He went to her parents house and rang the doorbell. Bruno, in his prime, answered the door.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Saunders is just the old Xavier Grimble, tons of potential, but hasn't made the next step.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Me too, ringside Rosey, Pie Trainor on commercials who can Amer-ican. Chilly Billie on Chiller theatre. Captain Kangaroo, Paul Shannon

God it was great to be a kid of that era.

• Like Like x 1