1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Taylor all pro...not

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Sixpack, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    While I agree Taylor is the best we have, sad to say, I've heard many say he is an all pro. I think Cincy proved he is average at best and benefits from our other DBS being horrible. Did they throw at any other db all game?

2. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    The DB's are so horrible that we are No. 1 defense for yards allowed and No. 2 for passing yards allowed. Opponents are only averaging 5.8 yards per passing attempt.

Just think how good we would be if our DBs weren't horrible.

3. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    What are you saying? Did Ike really have a bad game. They only scored 7 points. I understand that Ike had an interception. So explain yourself.

Ike may not be an all pro, but he is good enough for the Steelers and what they do. He has been to three Super Bowls and can still cover. He works out very hard in the off season which keeps him in great shape all the time. I will say that without him, the Steelers would not be as good as they are on denfense.

4. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Ike was targeted often against the Bungles because he was covering Green. (Dalton's favorite target) My guess would be that Dalton throws to him every time he believes he is open, and a lot of the time even when he is not. Dalton has had a decent year for a rookie, but I'm sure his ability to get through his progression is not up to NFL standards yet.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    ike also slipped on that sorry azz field on the one catch he gave up. as alot of our db's were doing. it looked like they were playing on the beach. that's a tough spot for cb's. the wr's know where they are going. how about that ike with picks two weeks in a row? :dancing: :cool:

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I didn't see the game....but after seeing a couple Bengals games this year....AJ Green is going to give DB's int he NFL fits for years to come. Dude is the real deal.

7. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah I agree...Ike sucks so bad that he is asked to cover the other teams best receiver. I know that we don't like to throw to our best receivers so other teams are lucky, in that regard, when they play us. We should trade Ike now for a cover corner that can really shut down the opponent. I"m sure if you look up Ike's numbers you will see that that is not him. Scrub should be ran out of the NFL. Matter of fact... we should scrap the whole defense... I mean we are not shutting down opposing offenses to the point that they are gaining zero yards on every play. I'm sure we could pick any number of defenses out there like GB they...no they give up yards and points, NO - nah they are giving up yards and points, too. Wait, I know the Ravens are holding everyone scor...never mind they give up points and yards, also. I'm sure I will come up with something.

8. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Ike is very underrated and under appreciated by Steeler fans. we are so programmed to think that the Secondary is so bad that he never gets any credit for being very good. he is asked to cover the best wr a team has on every play and for the most part he usually keeps that guy in check.

the secondary as a whole has taken a huge step forward and they have actually become a decent group. when they were asked to play man on man against arguably the best qb in the game (Brady) they did a heck of a job.

the only real complaint you can have against Ike is that he cant catch. hes actually had 2 ints in the last 2 games although they were pretty much thrown right to him.

without Ike this team would be hurting. AJ Green is going to be a beast in the NFL for a long time.

9. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Ike is fine. No DB stops a top receiver on every play. Green only scored once and didn't do much after that to hurt the Steelers.

10. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    :this!: Ike slipped on the one play. He wasn't having a great game to start off with but he can't stop the top receiver from a catching a single pass.....

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Isn't it funny to have a defense that year-in-year out is one of the best there is and people still are unsatisfied with any short of Madden-like performance? I get your point and there is a reason the guys on the other team are in the NFL - they have talent too. No corner can shut down a great WR on every play. Ike has done remarkably well this year and this pass defense has been one of the best we've had in a while at not giving up the big play.

12. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    He had a bad game, possibly his worst of the season, and it still wasn't a that bad of a game! Green may be a rookie, but he is tremendous, and Dalton ain't bad either. Taylor has been a rock for us all year when we needed it.

The TD was weird though. He had the coverage and then just sort of stopped. Very weird.

13. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Damn peculiar observation :scratch:

15. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    i don't think IKE is all pro

16. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    And those opponents would be...? Curtis Painter? Tyler Palko? Tavaris Jackson? Kevin Kolb? Two games against a rookie named Andy Dalton? Another game against a rookie named Blaine Gabbert?

I really don't know what kind of defense and secondary the Steelers have. The one that kept Brady and Schaub in check? Or the one that let Curtis Painter and Tyler Palko drive on them in the fourth quarter? I'll be honest, the Woodley injury has me deeply concerned, because the Steelers can't get a consistent pass rush on anyone. This has been an issue for a few years now. And many teams have figured out the Steelers' blitzes. They DO NOT fear the Steelers anymore. Not at all.

17. ballhair

ballhair Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    This is so true and a big concern :this!:

18. Homestead____Works

Homestead____Works Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    And to think, I gave Ike the game ball on this site's poll.

To me, it just seemed he was involved in more positive plays, than usual.

But, what do I know.

19. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Couldn't agree more! Those defensive stats people are throwing out are very misleading. I know what type of secondary we have...one that is not very good and will begin to get exposed if we dont start getting pressure.