1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Talk About Non-Steelers DPOY Candidates

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Born2Steel, Aug 24, 2024.

1. Born2Steel

Born2Steel Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2023
    Obviously, I mean as the season progresses. We always seem to have these talking heads picking all the candidates and giving their opinions. I'm more curious what you guys see from around the league and who you guys think should be in this conversation. It really should be TJ every season, but just for something non-combative to discuss, have fun with it.

2. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    Seems like Parsons is the betting favorite, with Crosby moving up the odds. Chris Jones only non-EDGE in top ten.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Derek Stingley Jr. might be a dark horse candidate I'd consider betting on. Dude played out of his mind this preseason. Having the front four that Houston has assembled will yield even more production for him as well.

Quinnen Williams is still the man among men along the new NYSE in the Big Apple. Don't sell his 2023 Statistical Box Score short either. He had the third most QB hits of any IDL in 2023.

Final pick?! Minkah Fitzpatrick. Again, like Quinnen above, don't let 2023 fool you. Minkah was hurt and was often playing out of his natural element. Granted, he is still among the best tacklers not just among safeties but all DBs. However, having him play back at his natural spot will allow him to impact the game on a greater level than he was able to in 2023.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    What I don't want to see like last year... is just going with the guy they had as favorite....just because they had him as a favorite.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1