1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Talent out on IR

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TarheelFlyer, Jan 4, 2012.

1. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I was just looking at our roster this AM just to get a feel for where we were at injury wise. Looking at our IR, we have a ton of talent and guys who could contribute on the IR.

Baron Batch
    Curtis Brown
    Chris Carter
    Willie Colon
    Jon Dwyer
    Chris Hoke
    Byron Leftwich
    Rashard Mendenhall
    Daniel Sepulveda
    Aaron Smith

The guys in bold, I don't think will be back.

This team is 12-4. Ben is banged up. Pouncey is banged up. Harrison and Woodley have missed games due to injury. Troy and Ward have been limping. Our Oline has had guys in and out all year starting 8 different lineups and guys at multiple positions.

This has been an amazing job by this staff. Has it been perfect? No. We have less needs next year in the draft than it currently looks like on paper because we have guys who are NOT playing who could be.

2. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Batch is going to be great next year. I think it was wood who was saying the kids work ethic is insane.

3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Absolutely agree. His injury was the biggest disappointment of training camp. I hope the injury hasn't slowed him down some.

4. RobVos

RobVos Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That is why I am ALL FOR trading up in the draft -- bundle some draft picks together and go after 2-3 good players. We have enough of depth at most position and only need bolstered in a few spots.

5. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Who do you want to get with your 2 or3 picks