1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tale of the Tape: Watt gets abused

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by thorn058, Nov 18, 2017.

1. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Ok before anyone goes off this is not a negative post. TJ Watt showed up big on Thursday night and in my opinion by the fourth quarter he had the Titans Oline running scared. No rather what I'm talking about is the actual abuse he was getting by the Titans players especially Taylor Lewan.

In watching some of the highlights to relive the excitement of Thursday I began to see Lewan getting fustrated and getting a bit rough with TJ. On the VW sack you can see in the background as the sack is happening TJ is violently yanked to the ground, like a dog on a chain. I saw at least two more times where it similar fustration caused lashing out at Watt.

Anyone watch the game again or the all-22 to see this?

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    TJ gives up a lot of weight to the players he opposes. Get used to seeing him get tossed around during his upcoming career occasionally.

Did you see however, how he abused the Oline man on that Blocked FG?

The great is much better than the bad and should continue to be.

3. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Getting pushed around by bigger linemen in the course of blocking is one thing and it's understandable, getting jetted to the ground by Lewan because he is fustrated is another.

4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I re-watched the game Friday and when I re-watch a game I look for things I would not pay attention to during the live broadcast. I watched a lot of the O-line and D-line and did see what you're talking about. Not a big worry to me.

What did drive me a little nuts was with that camera angle a few times I think Bell could have got decent gains if he just would have hit the hole from the get go instead of weaving and bobbin like a boxer.

5. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Watt needs to jump on the sauce like Harrison lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Oddly enough I thought I saw Lewan doing the crossbow armbar hold to him just like Deebo

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    As you stated, he made a top 5 Left Tackle in Taylor Lewan look foolish. Short week or otherwise, there is no reason to assume the same results would be any different if both played on either Sunday or Monday.

As far as strength goes, not even in a thought within my mind; nevermind worried. Strength, speed, agility and explosive capabilities all can increase with more training. Given T.J.'s off the charts intangibles, he will be fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    I do look forward this off season for him to bulk up some. It can only help him. Agree he will be fine.

9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    4 sacks, a pick and blocked fg in 9 games is not bad for a rookie. Given the fact he drops in coverage a bit and he is pretty solid other times

10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I saw the play you were talking about with Lewan live and even had to rewind it to see what happened. My only issue is Watt not getting to the quarterback and he looses the edge/containment a lot. He's doing all the little things though. Special teams, getting a nice push, and if given a few extra seconds he's getting there just a step behind somebody else on the team.

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011