1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Taking a look at the 5 toughest games on steeler schedule in 2018

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Diamond, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    The 5 hardest I see are
    Cleveland
    Cleveland
    Bengals
    Bengals
    Broncos

Those are 5 we should win. Those tend to be the ones we loose.

3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m actually optimistic on beating Jacksonville and New England.

We proved last year we could beat New England if we just don’t screw up in the end.

Having Jacksonville at Jacksonville helps. No distractions, no mouthing off. Plus being embarrassed, and I think we get better effort.

4. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    1.) AT JAGS <---- We don't play well against these guys. But, it's in Jacksonville, maybe we will play better there for change of scenery.

2.) AT BRONCOS<----- We seem to struggle at times playing in Denver, But at least we don't have to worry about Ryan Clark and his sickle cell any more.
    PLUS BOTH THESE GAME ARE BACK TO BACK WEEKS of Travel

3.) AT RAIDERS<---- We never play worth a darn when we play in the state of California. Unless it's the chargers. But, I've seen the Steelers lose to Terrelle Pryor, Bruce Gradkowski, and Carson Palmer in Oakland, So, surely we can lose to Derek Carr.

4.) PATRIOTS <----- DO I EVEN REALLY NEED TO TYPE ANY INFO ON THIS??

5.) AT SAINTS <------ It's a hard place to play, Drew Brees is old, but still produces, their defense is getting better, and you got Alvin Kumura, and you know how the Steelers do against good running backs. Plus the Steelers seem to play poorly against the Saints, over the years.

5. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I think the biggest thing in our favor in the Jags game is a Nov. night game opposed to a 1 PM Sept game. HUGE difference.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    But Ben does screw up at the end of games, when he has it in his head we cant beat a team we dont, whether it's the pats or the jags, the raiders are another one of his mind games, dont kid yourselves this is one tough schedule this year and the browns will beat us once this year just because of this teams lack of mental preparation....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Leave MT and butler at home for these games.:hehehe::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think your onto something Mac, I could leave MT home for alot of games.

9. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    But how would they make those gut decisions like to go for 2 three times in a row before kicking an extra point on the fourth?

10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I've given up hoping for any type of solid game planning so now I'll just hope they rise above the standard and play lights out

11. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    I think Ben has a winning record vs Jags. 6-4 I think.

12. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014

Losing lol 4-6

13. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    We have a brutal schedule on paper. Thing is the actual match ups are never what we expected 3 months prior. Injuries will totally change the look of all 5 of those games.

If our defense hasn't improved vs last year I think a 9-7 or 10-6 season is realistic. If our defense is better and Ben stays healthy... we're a 12-4 team.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    We did NOT screw up at the end. the Ref's FU**ED us plain and simple

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    After that. We looked like a Chinese fire drill. If we had our act together we could have overcome the call.

What’s that ticking I keep hearing?

16. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    We had the lead in that game from the second quarter forward, and led in every statistic and was pretty much even in receiving yards, that TD call hurt us, but still at the end, all we had to do was kick a field goal and go into OT, heres the box score so you all be the judge:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=400951812

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    We were 13-3.

We made improvements on defense.

Offense is as good or better.

Is there still any logic to 9-7?

• Like Like x 1
  18. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

Seriously? Did you watch any of the games last season?

#1 We had a healthy Ben all season... that's rare and it isn't going to happen again

#2 How many games did we win by a FG or in the last possession? Luck had a lot to do with that 13-3 record... if you need proof of that, look at the fact that we didn't win a playoff game.

#3 With out Ben we're not a good team because we have no legit back up QB's. expecting Ben for 16 games is asking a lot.

#4 Offense is better? How's that exactly? Rookie WR ? Older QB? New OC? All unknowns.

#5 If our defense does not improve , with the loss of our best player on defense, and a brutal schedule 9-7 is easily possible. We miss a couple FG's and a little less luck last year and we'd be looking at 9-7. This is the product of a poor HC btw. We were lucky to be 13-3 and we couldn't win a playoff game.

#6 schedule is significantly tougher this season ...with out Shazier...and I'd be shocked if we can stay as healthy as we did last season. Typically the healthiest team wins the SB or at least makes it.... we didn't even win a playoff game and we had a healthy Ben.

#7 Improvements on defense? You sure about that? We lost Shazier and didn't replace him. We moved our SS to FS because he stunk last season. Up front we were healthy and could not stop the run or pressure the QB..and we added no one. If you are not getting better, you are getting worse. Our safety play should be better...I'll give you that. Mostly because it could not get any worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    1) Quite frankly there were games that Ben performed like a back up QB early last season. So.........

2) The Steelers were unlucky a long the way too.

3) See number one. There were times the defense carried the team.

4) The offense could be better. Juju, Mcdonald, and Conner have more experience with the Steelers. The Steelers also added a couple of weapons from the draft.

5) People act like the defense was awful last year. They had their bad moments but they were not as bad as some people believe. View the stats.

6) The Steelers had to deal with their share of injuries or losses last season.

7) See 5. They were not 100% healthy up front last season. Tuitt basically played with one arm for much of the season. I read somewhere that the Steelers had 3rd highest amount of QB pressures from their interior lineman. The defense also lead the league in sacks. If Watt and Dupree can improve the defense could be better.

The doom and gloom from some members of this fan base is unreal. It's much better to be optimistic about the season than to live with the doom and gloom. Especially considering some of you guys believe the Steelers are a far superior talented team than the opposition.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    The clock struck Midnight. Timer stopped LOL

21. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Stop typing.

Did that help?:smiley1::cool:

22. Coastal Steeler