1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Takin' their talents to Hollywood: Paul and Howard

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by NecessaryRoughness, Dec 9, 2011.

1. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    The Lakers are going to end up with Chris Paul and Dwight Howard, agreed? What do we think of that Big 3 compared to Miami's Big 3? In my opinion, Howard is better than Bosh, Bryant is better than James (yes he is), and Paul vs. Wade is a toss-up, but they don't play the same position or even have the same roles on their teams. I prefer the LA trio, especially if they have role players like Trevor Ariza was a few years ago. (By the way, I'm a Lakers fan.)

Also, what the hell is with the NBA nixing the Paul trade? New Orleans would be getting an all-star center who's got a pair of rings!

2. romeo863603

romeo863603 Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2011
    I can't believe what happen yesterday. The fact that cry baby owners punked stern into stopping this trade is ridiculous. So this is the new nba which owners are gonna dictate who gets what it's ludicrous. What I find stupid is that next season paul and howard are going to be free agents. Paul made it clear if traded he would only sign an extension with the lakers. He doesn't want to sign an extention with new orleans, boston, golden state or the clippers. So new orleans did the smart move in trading him to the lakers in return for something rather then loose him next year and get nothing.

I'm a laker fan as well lol. But honestly I wasn't to thrilled about the trade. Of course I would love paul with the lakers but I felt we gave up to much for him. We were giving up size and bench play. I figured if the lakers gave up gasol or binum it would be for howard. Well we will see what happens I heard paul doesn't plan on reporting to new orleans.

3. NecessaryRoughness

NecessaryRoughness Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I wasn't thrilled with how much we were giving up, but I have to assume that management knows what they're doing. They've done this before.

Sick backcourt we would've had...

4. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm a Lakers fan also.I can"t think of any other Commissioner of any other sport vetoing trades.Who the hell does he think he is? The Lakers got swindled.I hope the Lakers can reload their squad in 2013.I really think this year is a wash.Maybe,If we don't go far in the play-offs,We might bring some youth to the team?Only time will tell. GO LAKESHOW!!
    GO STEELERS!!