1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

T.J Watt....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Utpittsburghfan

Utpittsburghfan Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2018

You would know what an ass looks like….

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I turned down tickets to that game.

I was at KC a couple of weeks before for the regular season game that ended with Mason Rudolph playing in the 4th QTR, because the Steelers were getting blown out; actually I think both team's backup QBs played most of the 4th QTR. A couple weeks later my brother called to see if I wanted to comeback for the playoff game, I had to take a pass as I didn't want to see another Beat-Down.

Without TJ and Minka, I think I may have to turn down my brother again if the Steelers go to Kansas City.

3. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    upload_2024-1-7_14-2-31.png

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  4. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Looks like grade 2 sprain. Hope we get in and win next week then he comes back!!

• Like Like x 1
  5. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Yeah, guess JJ’s saying it’s a Grade 2 sprain.

6. pczach

pczach Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2023

Thanks for your insight on the injury.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm sorry my point sailed right over your head. Also, I'm not sure where you got that nonsense about me pushing my pessimism on you. I'm posting what I think on the board whether you like it or not. If you don't like it, don't read it.

The point you failed to grasp is that even though anybody with a lick of sense knew that last playoff game in Kansas City was hopeless, I still watched and cheered for them every minute. I will do the same in this upcoming playoff game. Even without Watt, they have a better shot than they did two years ago, but it is still a very long shot.

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I haven't given up on Fitzpatrick playing in that game. Getting him and Kazee back would be a nice boost.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    So you are just a band wagon fan

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. TGH

TGH Well-Known Member

May 8, 2018
    Im thinking Rowe stays in at safety.

11. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Inka binka bottle O Minka says he’s playing if they made it so I’m sure he’s hell bent on playing now. Sucks for Watt but keep dancing and he’ll join up eventually

12. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I don't know what to do, I am still on the fence about what I am going to do if Miami wins tonight.

Do I really want to take off work, fly halfway across the country to only watch my favorite player TJ Watt stand on the sideline, as the Steelers get the living daylights beat out of them?

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    I can agree with the taking off work

I can agree with the flying part

I can not agree with the whiney assed “as the Steelers get the living daylights beat out of them?” Part

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Lloyd&Green

Lloyd&Green Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2015
    You had no point other than being a Debbie downer. I made a comment about being heartened by the fact that team has more and better quality depth behind TJ which should make dealing with his absence easier than last season, and you quote me just to say “nah I still don’t think that they’ve got a shot without him”. You pushed your pessimism on me because you quoted me being pessimistic. Posting your opinions and thoughts doesn’t require you quoting me, and especially just to try and dismiss what I’ve said with negativity.

We don’t even know who they’re playing yet and you’re already dismissing their chances. You don’t have to quote me for that because it’s obvious I don’t agree.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He’ll be on the field, Tomlin loves him and has been huge these last 2 weeks.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Not even SB (not that I'm expecting that) with a Grade 2? Being a good five weeks off, thought he might have a shot at that window.

17. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I am going to be whiney my ass off all season long for losing TJ, right before the playoffs begin.

I thought we might have a chance in the postseason with Minka coming back, playing alongside of TJ; we could have surprised a lot of people with a playoff run.

18. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Maybe we’ll get to see Herbig blossom into Himbig!!!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Okay. Look man I respect your opinion especially if you’re in that field. I’ll wait for the official diagnosis.
    Sorry about the Ass thing. That was a bit too much.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Utpittsburghfan

Nov 25, 2018

Depends a lot on how badly the ligaments is torn…also have to take into consideration that you’re significantly more at risk of an ACL tear with a damaged MCL.

• Informative Informative x 1
  21. Utpittsburghfan

Nov 25, 2018

It’s all good Glenn…I sometimes enjoy throwing barbs, but it isn’t personal at all.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Thanks for the reply. Go Steelers!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    Indeed. And I don't want him risking further injury rushing it back, that's part of the reason I was curious.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm sorry you are having so much trouble keeping up. Perhaps you should try reading the posts more carefully before you respond. Once again, you are way off base. Perhaps you are too busy being way too thin-skinned. Responding to your silly post isn't forcing my attitude on you. Whether I quoted you are not doesn't mean you even have to read it, and you are welcome to maintain your attitude regardless of what I post.

No, I did not dismiss their chances. I wrote that it was hopeless last time around. This time around, they are big underdogs for a reason. Watt's absence is a huge factor, but they still have a shot. This si an opportunistic defense against a turnover-prone quarterback. Their strength, the running game, allows them to attack Buffalo's biggest weakness. It is still a brutal matchup, but the Bills have a way of being less than the sum of their parts.

25. Lloyd&Green

Lloyd&Green Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2015
    Save the drivel and answer the question. Why did you feel the need to quote me just to say that you don’t see them having a shot winning? I know that I didn’t have to read your post and do t need your permission to have keep my own opinion. Again, im asking…..
    …..why you felt the need to say this in response to me expressing optimism at the team’s depth behind TJ? Simple question.

Ok so now you’re lying. You clearly dismissed their chances, I just posted the proof. You said it in your own words that you don’t think that they’ve got a shot to win a playoff game without TJ. You said that before the scenario even played all the way out and it known that they’d be playing the Bills.

Hey man, I don’t have any problem with you. I don’t agree with everything I’ve seen you say(or even most things) but you seem to be a bit more reasonable than most here. I still don’t understand your intial post about the team having no shot without TJ though.