1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

T.J. Watt already hurt

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by hmmmmm, Sep 19, 2021.

1. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It stinks but any player can get hurt at any time.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not sure if this is the result of him not practicing with the team in training camp, but something like this was bound to happen, I was thinking he would have a hamstring injury soon.

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    My Friend it's very clear. Like I said before we signed Watt... You can Go Look. I have never seen a Guy not practice, and then come into regular season without suffering a soft tissue injury. Of course I was hoping I was wrong, but I guess not. I'm sure someone will dig up someone who hasn't gotten hurt, but I can dig Up 10 times as many who have gotten hurt for this reason.
    As far as Haden....He's old, and Bush is coming off a injury....so I bet He didn't get that much practice....plus He would be favoring parts of His body because of a previous Injury.
    Nobody is saying You won't get Hurt playing football, but many Have Stated how many get Hurt....mainly soft tissue...not fully getting ready for it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I like your stretching theory better.

5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    That's only part of it.

6. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    That's using the results to rationalize the question. In the case of Bush and Haden they were full participants in camp and preseason with extra precautions given to Bush working back from injury and yet they hurt their groins and didn't play this game. Watt did individual drills and didn't play in the preseason and then pulled a groin. Besides all 3 playing for the Steelers what's the common theme? Did it help not participating? Probably not. Did it hurt ? Probably someway but again if he did play all 17 games without injury what would the narrative be?

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Rub a dub dub our defense in the tub.:cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    More than TJ Watt

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    That really pissed me off. Take the f'ing knee. You're not getting 2 scores in 20 seconds with no TOs. Instead they get cutesy and garbage yards and Johnson gets hurt.
    F'ing aggravating.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I like to think the money being spent is for things that we need to happen going forward, not what has happened in the past. Some people actually think that the more money you make, the more that is expected from you. Not saying we won't get our moneys worth, but that is how I think of big pay increases. Crazy.

11. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    I played college football but that doesn't make me know anything regarding NFL players and their year long preparations. In game 1 and up until TJ got hurt, he was nearly unstoppable. So he gets a groin pull, ok, that unfortunate, but it is what it is. Does that mean the other team players that have going injuries didn't play in the preseason as well? Each player is different and what they do to prepare for the season is ions above what people like me did years and years ago. Lets just hope he gets back soon. It looked to me he was able to play a down with this issue and came off before he took it too far.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Debacle. Plain and simple. Doomed we are.

13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Are you sure about that? I thought he injured it and immediately waved to the sideline to come off the field and never went back?

14. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    So, what you're alluding to is that the Steelers organization, including their training staff and Dr's that support the team, allowed TJ to go into a regular season game knowing he has an increased chance of a soft tissue injury and did nothing during camp to help prepare him? Personally, I'd think that if I was going to pay someone that kind of money I'd be doing something to get him ready, especially when we all knew that the contract would be settled by game 1, no?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Well TJ was semi holding out. I’m sure they would have loved for TJ to be practicing with the team. Is any of that the reason he was injured today? Who knows.

16. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    TJ had a sack at least, Minkah got burned by Ruggs on that long TD pass.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Not positive, and you might be right but I thought he played the play before with the issue and tried to go 1 more before coming off and telling the sideline it was time to leave. It looked like he was able to leave the field without too much of a noticeable indication of a groin pull. I'm thinking he left before it could have been more serious.

• Like Like x 2
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m hoping it’s not too serious, but knowing TJ’s personality it seem like it would have to be pretty serious or he would’ve pushed it a bit more?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Fitzpatrick tried to help, but it was Witherspoon who had the primary coverage on Ruggs on that play.

20. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Myles is that you slimeball?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  21. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    What if he practiced & got hurt? Contract aside, we would all be using hindsight again but in a different way.

22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Ruggs is a tough assignment one on one, especially deep.

23. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    They can't force Him. What I'm alluding 2 is...I have never seen a guy not fully practiced, and then go into the season and not get a soft tissue injury. I'm sure it has happened where they
    didn't, but I can think of a lot of times when it has. A lot.
    That's is all I'm saying....which is what I said before He signed. The comments is there for anyone who wants 2 look.

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You just said what I said.:shrug: Kinda.., but You also contradicted Yourself 1st You say Bush practiced was full participation, and then agreed with Me....that He wasn't really...because of coming off an injury....so it wouldn't be full. You can't be full , and take it easier with caution. :shrug:
    Haden is old that's his excuse.
    Take it for whatever You want. In my time I have Yet 2 see it not happen. No full go....soft tissue injury. Yes I'm sure someone can find someone it hasn't happened 2, but I promise I can find 10 times the amount it has.
    Also I'm not using....how'd You say... results 2 rationalize the Question.
    I said this would more than likely happen....even before He signed. Go back and Look.