1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Switzer vs. Eli

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Jul 17, 2019.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I thought Ben had lousy relationships with his receivers?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Switzer and Ben are tight.

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    No reason to lose sleep, these things tend to work themselves out in training camp and pre-season games. The choice will be clear. (notice I never mentioned the "I" word).

4. tyler christopher

tyler christopher Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2016
    Like switzer but rogers is better when healthy.... More explosive......

5. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    If it's both of these guys I'm upset because generally they both possess the same skill set. Like others have said, Switzer is probably more valuable by being more reliable on special teams. But I visualize Diontae Johnson doing KR & PR duties with Switzer as a backup. The #6 WR should offer something different than the #5 like size or speed. Johnny Holton offers both while Diontae Spencer only offers speed. Rogers & Switzer would be primarily relegated to slot, a position that my be occupied by JuJu or Diontae Johnson. Steeler-wise, I see no future for Griffey or Jones ...my money is that a Diontae Spencer will take a practice squad spot...

6. Daddymac10

May 1, 2015
    IMO ...both should be battling for the #5 WR spot. #4 WR spot is locked-down by Diontae Johnson. #6 WR spot will be the big battle to watch ...but I really don't wanna see Rogers & Switzer on the roster together ...1 is OK but not both

7. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Depends on of they keep 6. I keep hearing Johnny Holton's name, yet what really has he done. had some success on sp teams, but really nothing special and has been on how many roster's, not making the final cut? If they keep 6 the depth and experience actually could prove valuable. Long season, a lot of injury potential. The investment in both Eli and Switz is pretty cap friendly. I can see one getting cut, or both making the team. Bigger issues than worrying about 5/6th receivers.

8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Reading the discussion on the 6th WR spot and ST contributions has me thinking that we may see DHB in a Steelers uniform again before the start of the regular season.

9. Daddymac10

May 1, 2015
    I could be wrong but I think that's why they picked-up Johnny Holton ...hoping he can be DHB's replacement. If Holton suck, you may be right about DHB...

10. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Switzer has more reliable hands while eli has more ability after the catch

11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Eli showed up in a semi wearing coveralls and a hardhat carrying some dumbbells. Normally I'd say it's harmless but after Mr sweaty nutsack and all the drama that was revealed as the trade unfolded I wish guys would show up sign in and get to work. If we are pro/con'ing the two this goes in my negative column for Eli.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    The NY Giants just lost two WRs in Corey Coleman and Sterling Shephard (huge). Maybe they will be in the market for one of these two guys. Pitt and NY have traded quite a number of times and we all know the connection b/t ownership. Just something to monitor in the future....

edit: Coleman will miss season, Shephard will miss preseason and then wait and see

13. leveraged

leveraged Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    All depends on the timing with Ben. If they and Ben are willing to put in the time together they can dink and dunk their way to a championship. Just like the NE Pansies. I hate that form of football, but seems to have worked out nicely for them.
    [​IMG]