1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Bowl

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by santeesteel, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Y'all think Tomlin is all of a sudden be a Disciplinarian, tough guy, not point and shoot imaginary pistols when we make a good play...

This team will NEVER win the " BIG" one with him., Never...He is to incompetent! Lacks discipline, and the players respect...Doesn't know how to challenge or when to, or not to, use timeouts...

I just hope Rooney doesn't continue to be Buffaloed...If we go say 11-5 next year...make the playoffs...Lose 1st round...Tomlin will get extended...

Was hoping Tomlin would be gone this year, But we did what I THOUGHT Rooney would do...Subtle changes...Porter, Saxon ( still don't understand that one ) Butler: Idk what that was- a demotion? Lost Munch ( ya family and all ) but he reminds me of a Disciplinarian, attention to detail at the fullest kind of guy, and just couldn't DO Tomlin anymore...

The Steelers could have started the moving forward ..wipe the slate clean, new fresh approach...But they do like they always do " we're so close, we're gonna make some minor tweaks " that'll do it...

They're delusional...The Steelers won't win **** as long as Tomlin and his culture is there

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You just admitted the he has something to do with the defense. The head coach is going to have some kind of input on all aspects of the team. You said he has ZERO to do with the defense. That’s simply inaccurate.

3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Ok you're right. If you just throw players to together and say hey go on the field will automatically mean they will play good. Scheme has nothing to do with it. Mcvay can just say Donald, talib, Peter's, etc.. play for me and that's it. That's why they perform how they perform.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Like I said to say he has zero to do with the defense is just a false statement.

5. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Recruiting players who were already great before they came to the rams doesnt mean mcvay has something to do witjt he defense. And that's just my speculation. He could have no say in who is on the roster that could be all their gm. Wade Phillip's has total control over the defense. Mcvay is in no position to try to tell him what and what not to do defensively when wade has a RING AS A DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR while his defense being the biggest reason they won.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Like I said you’re wrong.

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    you're wrong...

for blocking me :(

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    To who you? Because people with actually football intelligence give the credit to the guys that design the scheme and call the plays on the respective side of the ball. Not the guy that may or may not vote for whether a play should be on the team or not.

9. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    In 4 or 5 seasons Brady will be playing to win 'one for the other thumb'.

10. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s pretty amazing what the Patriots did to “fix” their Defense late in the season.
    They lost last years Super Bowl because they didn’t pressure Foles.

That’s all they did these Playoffs, made the opposing QB hurry and move.

Seems easy right?

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I never said McVay had much to do with the defense. Honestly I don’t know how much but I know he is the head coach and it’s absurd to think that the head coach has zero to do with the defense as you claim.

Zero is the point of the discussion here. Considering he’s the Head coach Zero is basically impossible.

I know it’s hard for you when you’re wrong which is a lot.

12. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Unless some other team in the AFC starts getting the best of Lord Belicheat, he will get his chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Steve Young was pretty mediocre until B. Walsh got his hands on him. We need a coach that is obsessed with football as much as the great ones were(are). Where is he?

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Belicheat Is among the greats. The best? Idk. He doesn't have the competition that the 70s provided coach wise.

15. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    What I wish would happen is Belichick retire this offseason but Brady continue because it would stir the pot as to which one was the core to their success.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. blitz_burgh

blitz_burgh

Nov 15, 2011
    I agree with you 100%. It was 2 years ago Super Bowl 51. Patriots losing 21-3 at halftime. My sons 13 and 11 were on their iPods at the time and said "This is boring, can we go home" I looked at them and said "Put your stupid iPods down and watch the second half and you will watch one of the greatest QB's to ever play make this game a close game"

Now I never thought they would win and my sons thought I was nuts but we witnessed probably one of the best Superbowl comebacks of all time. I tell them to this day, as a Steeler fan you will always dislike the Patriots (because they probably kept us from winning 1 or 2 more super bowls) but if your a football fan you should watch the Patriots and be in awe because your most likely watching one of the greatest QB's and teams of all time. And it will probably never be duplicated in your lifetimes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He does have zero. I remember about 2 years ago when jameis Winston was on first take talking about Dirk kotter and Mike Smith. He was saying kotter has nothing to do with the defense and he leaves it all on Smith. I'll find the interview for you.

18. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    He doesn't but other than Brady, he's won with a cycle of different players. Most other dynasties didnt do that.

19. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    ....and he'll use that 11th one for the "other" "other" thumb to **** the Steelers one last time......

20. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011

Can only play who is on the schedule. BB is easily the best of all time. The man has 8 Super Bowl rings now....6 as a HC with the Pats 2 as DC of the Giants....and has been to 12 Super Bowls (lost to giants 2x Eagles 1, Packers 1 as an assistant coach)....when most are hoping to get there one time.

HACK

21. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    And after kissing Tom Brady, Bob Kraft immediately went to Gooddells Penthouse to assure that Belicheat cruises to his 9th Superbowl title in 2020. The fresh saliva is just a small part of the guarantee.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    One of the best, Belicheat is in the argument. Alot of great NFL coaches you are overlooking.
    George Halas
    Paul Brown
    Vince Lombardi
    Chuck Noll
    Tom Landry
    Bill Walsh

23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    They were both bad. The talking heads of the NFL go back and forth on the subject. I remember the 70's when the media always said how great the Steeler defense was. Was it great or did the offenses they played suck? With the rule changes in today's NFL it is more likely the offenses stunk it up.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hmm, start the season on PED suspension, end with a Super Bowl MVP.
    Seems fair. I guess the juice is out of his system by now.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah I wonder how many "random" tests he got during the season. They tested Harrison almost every week and they went after Reid this year with " random" tests after his anthem protest. Random my ass. Once again different rules for different people.