1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Bowl Predicitions

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigplaywillygay, Oct 25, 2011.

1. bigplaywillygay

bigplaywillygay Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    AFC
    =======
    1. New England
    2. Steelers
    3. Texans
    4. Kansas City <--- With injuries to Oaklands kicker and Mcfadden even Palmer cant save them. Rivers is a choker
    5. Buffalo
    6. Baltimore

NFC
    ============
    1. Packers
    2. Saints
    3. Giants
    4. 49ers
    5. Atlanta
    6. Detriot

WildCard Weekend
    =================
    6. Detriot @ 3. Giants - Detriot
    6. Baltimore @ 3. Texans - Baltimore
    5. Atlanta @ 4. 49ers - Atlanta
    5. Buffalo @ 4. Kansas City - Buffalo

Divisional
    ==============
    6. Detriot @ 1.Packers - Packers
    6. Baltimore @ 1. New England - Baltimore
    5. Atlanta @ 2. Saints - Saints
    5. Buffalo @ 2. Steelers - Steelers

Championship
    ===============
    2. Saints @ 1. Packers - Packers
    6. Baltimore @ 2. Steelers - Steelers

SuperBowl - Rematch
    ===================
    Steelers @ Packers - Steelers - 31-28

2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
  3. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    If it comes down to Saints-Packers it's going to be interesting. Saints look absolutely on fire this year.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  5. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Wow @ the OP's username! I don't think i've ever seen a William Gay fan before, LOL :shock:

:p

6. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    should have "Gives Up" in front of the name :tease:

7. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    This could happen - it is plausible. I'm not ready to go out on a limb yet. I'm trying real hard not to be all "doom and gloom" but I am still very concerned about the weak areas of our squad that I'm not convinced have truly been addressed. These items have been discussed ad nauseum and I believe the second 2 have a lot of potential to get better, or dare I say, get fixed. These are my concerns in order.

1. The OL - This is my biggest area of concern and the glimmer of hope seems to be the dimmest of all the top 3 areas of opportunity. Obviously, injuries have hurt us badly and I hope we are able to keep a steady group of men in the lineup together. I love Pouncey to death - the guy is an absolute beast and he is clearly the best C in the NFL at getting to the next level downfield. But... I am concerned about the high ankle sprains and the frequency of those injuries. So much depends on leverage for him and that type of injury is critical for a guy like him. There is a nagging feeling that this is problematic for him. I am a supporter of Gilbert and he will learn and get better (if he can stay healthy) and I'm very glad he is on the field getting PT because I believe he is big part of our future. But he is stil a rookie playing RT in the NFL - tall order for anyone. Starks is OK and if he stays healthy will be fine. Foster is OK at G but Kemo has become a liability with dumb penalties and he is not great at pulling - I'm OK with him on the bench. I'd like to see a healthy group of Starks-Legs-Pouncey-Foster-Gilbert get the reps and start gelling. Obviously the biggest concern is with injuries and every week, we are practicing and starting a different 5 man combo and it is absolutely killing us. I can't recall ever seeing so many injuries to a group of OL men. I don't know if it is conditioning, technique, coaching, or what, but it has me worried late in the season and down the stretch if we don't get some consistency.

2. The OC - we know he is capable of putting together an effective gameplan because we have seen it. The challenge is going to be consistency and putting together a string of well called games where we are effectively taking what the opposing D is giving. Where we use our personnel how they should be used instead of trying to beat square pegs into round holes with a big hammer. Where we call the right plays in the right situations. Which, by the way, is not calling a delayed draw to mini-memo on 3rd and long. I have hope here because I know that BA is capable. I just hope that MT and the Rooneys keep the pressure on him.

3. The DBF - Willie Gay is still very suspect regardless of the fact that we haven't been using his name in vain so far this season. He cannot cover a big play WR and his tackling is very poor. Troy seems to not be right. Don't know if it is nagging injuries, age, or what, but he is not playing like the impact player he was. I have always had concerns about Troy's consistency - when he is on, there is no better S in the league - maybe even ever. But when he is off, it's like he isn't even on the field. So much seems to depend on the youngsters and how well they come along and are able to contribute. I also don't like that we have to use Timmons more in pass coverage to help the weak DBF. I have hope here because I like what I see so far from the young guys when they get in and because Willie Gay hasn't totally crapped himself yet (knox on wood).

So, there ya go. I'm nervous about the patsies game. I know we can beat them, but our D has to get a lot of pressure on Brady and our O has to score at least 31 points. They can do it, but we have seriously lacked consistency so far this season. I'm not ready to predict #7 just yet.

8. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The way things sit right now I have to say Packers vs Ne, and yes I just brought up my breakfast saying NE. Marsha Brady can make up for their weak D.

9. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think it's going to be NE and the Packers too... but I've been wrong before.

10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I can usually count on you to be wrong. J/K. I do hope you're wrong though! :thumbs_up:

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Didn't someone on the last board point out that NE had done squat in the play offs since spygate?

12. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yep, but it doesn't mean they'll never get there ever again. I hate that team with a passion but with Brady ripping defenses apart, they stand out the most in the AFC. If Pitts can slow Brady down, and prove they can get to him then I have to say rematch with Greenerbay.

It's out of Pitts, Ne , or the Texans if they can stay healthy. Jets are jinxed with Rex .

13. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That hurts Knox...

:cry:

:grin:

14. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I would have to say Green Bay vs. New England. I know it might sound bad but I think our DEFENSE is worse than our offense. We just don't seem like a "steeler" defense. I would rather not even make the playoffs than to make the Super Bowl and lose. I just think it is more of a tarnish on the black and gold to make a Super Bowl and lose than not to make it to the Super Bowl at all.

15. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Im going with STEELERS-Pack..Alot has to do with what we do in next 2 weeks.We could be the lead dog after the next 2 weeks.Its ours.... Its out there......LETS TAKE IT!!!!! :herewego: