1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Bowl Lottery

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by JayloSteelerFan, Jan 6, 2018.

1. JayloSteelerFan

JayloSteelerFan New Member

Jan 6, 2018
    Hi All!!! I'm new to the group and a new season ticket holder this year. What are the chances of getting chosen for the Super Bowl Lottery? I know there are only limited tickets available, but it makes me nervous that I might win and have to pay for a higher priced ticket. I've never been to a Steelers Super Bowl game, and I'm thinking that this might be my last chance. My brother lives in Minnesota, so finding a place to stay will not be a problem...it's just the ticket cost...air fare...and the other incidental charges. I used to buy tickets from a season ticket holding family who said they had their name put in for the lottery forever and never got chosen. I suppose anything can happen!!! GO STEELERS!!!

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If you are a season ticket holder, your odds are a bit bitter this year. If you win you have to collect your ticket In Minnesota. This prevents every body from putting in for the lottery and thinking they will sell the ticket for a profit. Good move Steelers.

3. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Yeah, plus the fact that the super bowl is being held in a city that's been below zero degrees recently. My tickets were picked for the lottery for SB XLIII (Tampa, now THAT was a good location) and SB XLV, but I think I was extremely fortunate as only 17.5% are allocated to each Super bowl team (for season ticket holders and players -- my tickets weren't chosen last year which as it turned out didn't matter). The cost of tickets keep going up as well and they say if you win your tickets would be face value between $950-1,900/ticket. I've checked out hotels in the area and, as you'd expect, they're pretty high, but it sounds like you don't have to worry about that. Just airfare, and tickets that could cost a total of $3,800....I'm still pondering.....

4. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Season ticket holder since 91, steelers have been in the playoffs 17 times since then (spoiled) If they win the division playoff game, as a season ticket holder, they will let you know if you have "drawn a ticket", should they win the AFC Championship game. Steelers won 9 division games over that time, We've drawn twice, once they lost to pats in AFC championship so no ticket and the other they beat Baltimore and went on to beat the cards in Tampa with arguably two of the greatest SB plays ever; Harrison's int return and Holmes catch.

My beef is that the fans who buy the season tickets get about 5000-7500 tickets allocated to them. Per NFL, the 2 teams playing get about 35% of capacity tp split. Minn is about 67k seats so each team will receive 11-12k seats, players owners, families, team sponsors etc get their cut and the paying fans get a "limited chance to attend". All teams not playing get 35% to split, thats 22-24k seats split among the remaining teams ~800each!! So the browns actually get tickets. Where else do you think all of those seats on stub hub come from. NFL take 25% for their cronies and the host team, this year the vikes, get 5%.

I have spoken to ticket holders that have never drawn and others who seen to draw every other time.

5. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I got tickets in 1978. Last draw I got.

6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    "Jaylo"? Hey aren't you performing at halftime? They should comp you a few tix I'd think. :shrug:

7. JayloSteelerFan

JayloSteelerFan New Member

Jan 6, 2018
    That's funny!!! I guess this is a lost cause now. Maybe next year!!!