1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Super Bowl Lottery

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by tategjs, Jan 21, 2017.

1. tategjs

tategjs New Member

Jan 21, 2017
    Has anyone received notification that the won or didn't win the lottery? It was to be held today and the notifications were going to be sent via email after it's conclusion..

Any help would be appreciated..

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Good luck. But for me, I'd have to actually win the lottery to attend a Superbowl. :beg:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    no notification from the Steelers either way....yet

Same for 2 other season tic holders

4. SteelersGirl15301

SteelersGirl15301 New Member

Jan 21, 2017
    I was hoping to hear something by now as well. Lady at ticket office told me notifications would be sent either way but the email about the lottery stated only winners would be notified. At 8pm, I'm assuming I was not selected. Wished we knew for sure! This whole lottery system and rules in terrible.

5. SteelersGirl15301

SteelersGirl15301 New Member

Jan 21, 2017
    Please updates us if you or your friends hear anything!

6. Defense Dave

Defense Dave New Member

Jan 21, 2017
    I have not heard a thing yet. Sitting close to my email all day. My other season ticket holder friend has not heard yet. Mom always said no news is good news. Let's hope only a few of us requested tickets with the new rules. I don't know if I can sleep with the anticipation. We need to take names and release the Beast tomorrow and take care of business. DEEEEEFFFFFFFFEEEEEENNNNNNSSSSSSSEEEEEE!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelnj

steelnj Member

Dec 7, 2011
    No news here either.
    I had thought only Sunday would be a nervous day not today too.

Ugh....lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. steelerchad

steelerchad Member

Jan 21, 2017
    I've been waiting all day too. I have 2 accounts, my wife and mine. Neither has received an email either way. I tried logging into the account manager and the invoice I registered for is gone on both accounts without a trace. I'm guessing at this point, it's not going to happen. I won 1 of my 2 accounts in 2010

9. steelerchad

steelerchad Member

Jan 21, 2017
    I'm actually still a little hopeful seeing that I've seen no one post a winning notification yet.
    Maybe

10. steelnj

steelnj Member

Dec 7, 2011
    I'm trying to be hopeful. Does anyone know if it is completely random or based on where your seats are?

11. m4mica

m4mica Active Member

Oct 21, 2014
    I have been checking my emails all day. Nothing yet for me either. Friend who is a season ticket holder hasn't hear either. I'm hoping that no news is good news.

12. Joe A

Joe A New Member

Jan 21, 2017
    I have also seen nothing ... and the lottery invoice is also gone as mentioned above......

13. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    There is only a small # of tickets available to the season ticket holders for the participating teams. the two teams playing will get about 12000 each for a combined total of about 1/3 of the seats.from that, team members/families will get some, ownership, team sponsors, etc will all get theirs with the remaining going to the season ticket holders. (i read where pats tickets only go to "club season tic holders") another 1/3 of the 72000 seats for this years game will go equally to the teams not playing in the game. Why the heck do the Browns or any other team get 800 tickets. Where do you think all these tickets on stubhub come from. the season ticket holders from the participating teams or the teams not playing in the game???

Having 8 seats since 1991, we have seen the steelers play in 8 soon to be 9 championship games home and away, over those years, we won the lottery twice, once in 97/98 but we lost to denver, and the second time in 08/09 beating the rat birds at home then the cards in tampa (harrison run back and holmes catch!!!)

• Like Like x 2
  14. steelerchad

steelerchad Member

Jan 21, 2017
    Steelers are random. Ravens do more chances for club seat holders. I won in 2010 and sat right new to a club seat holder in Dallas in the top row. Location is also totally random, although all fan tickets are relatively peanut heaven. also they changed this year to winners only get a pair. Used to be if you had 4+ seats, you would get 4. Also, I figure the new pick up policy would thin the crowd even more. They say Dallas was a 15% chance. Less seats in Houston, but I believe less people entered the lottery this time.

15. steelnj

steelnj Member

Dec 7, 2011
    Thanks! Still nothing. Assuming fast lady has sunon my chances. Still hot a game to win tomorriw. GO STEELERS!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Has anybody heard what it would cost to attend for an avg superbowl weekend in Houston for an avg person?
    be curious to know cost.

17. steelerchad

steelerchad Member

Jan 21, 2017
    If you're lucky enough to win the ticket lottery. That would be about $2k for the tickets. Hotels in the city are gone, but if you booked one early you likely paid in excess of $500 night for a decent one. You can stay out by the airport for about $200 night 30 miles away. If you do that, then add about $75 day for a rental car. If you won the lottery, you are also likely looking at a pair of last minute flights around $500 each. After that it's up to you. Food/drink/souvenirs. The really popular events cost big also. If you want to attend an NFL sponsored event leading up or a big party they are really expensive, from hundreds to thousands.

I consider myself a pretty good traveler at finding deals and attended 6 years ago in Dallas. Here's what is cost me for a 3 night trip, Sat-Tue. We stayed until Tuesday to save big on flights as everyone is flying out Monday.
    Tickets- $1600 for 2 seats through the lottery.
    Flights- $550 for 2 flights direct to Dallas from Richmond. $275 each got lucky on less that 2 weeks notice.
    Hotel- $400 for first 2 nights in Garlard and last night Downtown at a 4 star for $75 as everyone was gone.
    Car- $200. $60 per day.
    Souvenirs- $500. I bought a few things for kids and dad.
    Food/Drinks- $600. We had a nice dinner downtown at the Dallas Fish Market. Other than that, bar food and beer most of the weekend.

I don't think you can do it for less than $3000 per couple. Now I went with my wife, so obviously you'd split the cost with a buddy.

18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thanks Steelchad, I was thinking 4K

19. sec108

sec108 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    Well its Sunday Morning and no email from the steelers for me, and none for the two other holders I know :shrug:

On the plus side, Ill use this $$$$ savings from not going to buy one of those 55 inch LG OLED TV's to watch it on. At least thats how Ill justify it to the wife.

Lets get this done today, then on to Houston!!

Go Steelers!!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Kyp

Kyp Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Me and my wife have been checking our emails constantly since yesterday. Have not heard anything

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  21. sixburgh804

sixburgh804 New Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I am also a season ticket holder from Richmond, and I have yet to hear anything either. NFL on location has packages from 5k and up.

22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Heard the Patriots were caught tampering with the Steelers email server.

23. Kyp

Kyp Member

Jan 22, 2017
    Heard a patriots fan also set the fire alarm off at our hotel

24. steelerchad

steelerchad Member

Jan 21, 2017
    I'm a season ticket holder from Richmond also. Southside.
    I haven't heard one single person post an announcement of a winning email, which is the only reason I still have a slim thought of hope.

25. m4mica

m4mica Active Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Just got email (1215 Sunday afternoon) from Steelers stating I didn't win lottery. They offered 'exclusive game day package' for season tickets holders if/when the Steelers win. That package is stupidly expensive. $5K for a seat and nothing else worth much.... unless you count the lanyard and a clear bag. Wow. Basically it's the NFL's way of charging secondary market pricing. Guess I can't blame them. If people are willing to pay $5K for a ticket, why would they let someone else get that $. That's probably a lot of the reason they require you to pickup in person.

From the link they sent me.... this is for the cheapest ($5K) package.

It’s game time and you can experience Super Bowl history as a select insider. Celebrate the day and get pumped up for the biggest game of the year at a tailgate like no other.

Ticket

Upper Level Corner or End Zone Seat
    Party

VIP three-hour pre-game party in the NRG Center
    Access

Priority Stadium Access (early entry required)
    Appearances by NFL Alumni
    Extras

Official lanyard and ticket sleeve
    Commemorative clear gameday bag
    Add-ons

Priority option to purchase hotels, transportation, and additional experiences
    Texans House (choice of Thursday, Friday or Saturday)​

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017