1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Super bowl 51!!!

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by STEELWARRIOR, Jan 30, 2017.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Was reading the forums for both teams. Pats fans actually were taking the blowout better than we do when we are up on teams lol. Poor falcons fans. I would be disgusted. No sleep, etc

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    They should be - they gave away a championship.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Brady showed incredible poise in waiting to see if that was a TD at the end too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Not too mention, Quinn said they were gassed. Why are you not running the play clock down to 2-3 seconds every time? Falcons snapped the ball several times in the 4th quarter with more than 20 seconds on the play clock. WTF are you doing? A pop warner coach knows better than that.

5. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Are you smiling at the Brady poster above your head saying "thank you lord" lol jk

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    No. I promise I don't have anything like that. I'm just not so motivated by bias to refuse to see greatness when it's right in front of me.

• Like Like x 1
  7. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Just being dumb lol yea brady is the goat but we will continue to be his *****. So, he will continue cawkblocking us to the big dance while his team may pass us.

What a butthole lol

8. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    It kills me that, with the exception of a couple of seasons, the Pats are good enough to win without cheating but, they do it anyway!

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Brady is a stone cold killer. I think only Michael Jordan might have more of a killer instinct than him.

10. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    No but, one of his teammates is!
    Brady's really good but, as I said, Montana didn't cheat to get his!

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Here's the deal. What did Brady do in this specific game to cheat? What did he do in the Seattle game to cheat? I mean really think about it. Even Terry Bradshaw said today that Deflategate meant nothing to him and he thought it was too minuscule to mention.

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    He didn't do anything tonight. The cheating was in their first couple of SBs. There's no way the coaches took illegal videos of other teams practices without the players knowing about it. Having your equipment guys deflate balls is illegal. The Pats won that game going away and would have even without Tom's saggy balls. Like I said elsewhere, the Patriots are good enough to win without cheating but they do it anyway. Maybe not this year.
    BTW, why are you still awake?

13. Guest

Guest Guest

What a huge letdown by Atlanta.

A team should never let Brady back into the game. He will annihilate you. I just knew it would happen, but was hoping Atlanta would get a turnover to go their way and all would end well. But, nope! :(

Terry Bradshaw slobbering all over Brady and Bellichick mad me ill. That was so nasty to me.

The halftime show sucked, too. I was really disappointed.

14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm a night owl and always have been. I generally suffer from insomnia as well. I took ambien for years but once my little boy was born I stopped because I needed to be able to get up with him in the morning once my wife went back to work. I still take melatonin sometimes and generally get maybe 6 hours of sleep a day.

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I literally fast forward through the halftime show anyway. There's just not hardly any great American entertainers anymore. It's all just this corporately manufactured nonsense now.

16. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    Brady might have that instinct, but he relies on about 21 other guys to help him. In basketball, a player can more single-handedly take over a game: he plays both offense AND defense.

17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    That whole team feeds off Brady though. After the game Devon McCourty said "We knew Tom was gonna win it for us..." Tom is the ultimate leader of that team on both sides of the ball and their whole identity is predicated upon him. I wish we had a leader like that on our team.

18. quark12000

quark12000 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2015
    And now he gets to go see his good buddy in the White House. These have really been a disgusting three months.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I still haven't watched a single highlight, and likely will never.

I'm going off the grid. No way I'm subjecting myself to the testicular gargling that will be going on for the next 9 months.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    I will call BS on that one. Brady is not at all responsible for what the defense does when they are on the field. Not at all.

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Well he said it and not me. I also subscribe to the philosophy in general that defense wins championships but the fact is that no one has ever won 0-0. Of course Brady, or any other qb, doesn't actually play defense but teams assume the identity of their leader and that defense picked their game up the more it went along the same way Brady did. There were moments last night that Brady looked straight up bewildered in the first half with some really off target throws and Ryan and the ATL offense was making their d look pretty amateurish too. Then when it got truly crunch time both sides of the ball for the pats started getting it done but ultimately it all came down to Brady taking the game in to his own hands. He attempted 63 passes last night. If that's not a qb taking it on himself I don't know what is. Of course he had help. It's a team sport but the fact is that team feeds off him and if you listened to all of their interviews post game they all said as much. Those are indisputable facts, regardless of if you like Brady or not.

22. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm sure fans were tired if it when The Celtics won championships 11 times in 13 seasons from 1956-1969. Once in a while, sports teams go on a long run of success and we have to give credit where it's due.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah it's weird how winning can make people actually turn against you in spite of the old saying that everybody loves a winner. The Yankees fall in to that category as well. I can see why people get sick of seeing them be so dominant for such a long stretch I suppose but I personally just enjoy watching history be made. The same goes for the Bulls of the 90's. Some teams get so good for so long that it seems like all their games are just formalities because you know in the end they're gonna win it all. I picked NE to win this game but I really didn't think it would be in this fashion. I wouldn't be surprised to see them do it again next year. Until someone beats them they are still the champs and they just seem almost impossible to beat. I'm sure Atlanta is so demoralized they don't even wanna think about football for a while.

24. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry at all the "fans" around here already counting the Steelers out next season. This community is full of turds.

25. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    He attempted 63 passes because NE abandoned the running game in the second half. Make no mistake: Brady did his part and was pinpoint accurate in the 4th. BUT...

We are not having this conversation if the defense doesn't keep Atlanta scoreless for the final 20 minutes. The defense had as much a hand in this as Brady and the offense did. And that comes from making adjustments, as BB said after the game, in seeing how to seal off the Falcons' perimeter run game. No amount of "We believe in Tom" mantra will help the D if they haven't adjusted schematically.