1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Super bowl 51!!!

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by STEELWARRIOR, Jan 30, 2017.

1. PenGator88

PenGator88 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    I think they tie the Steelers next year. Short of any major injuries, they'll be back for SB LII.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Matt Ryan had a Ben moment could not get rid of the ball and kick a field goal he got greedy!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Did goodell completely leave the podium after giving Kraft the trophy?

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    When he took that sick I seriously instantly thought of Ben. I did not pass go. I did not collect $200. I just simply thought "Ben". LOL!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Here's the bigger issue - why the f*(* is a pass even called there. Coaches dumb, QB dumber. You can not give the MVP to a player that stupid.

6. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Sure seemed that way.

7. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Biggest collapse in sports history.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No one talking about the dumb play calling at the end. You can bet it will be picked apart tomorrow and onward.

These guys to busy slobbering all over NE though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah man I've honestly not even totally processed what I just witnessed tonight. I seriously thought Atlanta had the game regardless of that. I just didn't think the pats could muster enough of a miracle to overcome the deficit. I still don't even know what Brady's stat were for the game actually. I just know it was epic. He put up tons of yards and had guys dropping balls all over the field a lot tonight too.

10. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Atlanta did nothing in the 3rd and 4th Quarters to put points on the board equals collapse!!!!

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Nah the Indians might have accomplished that against my Cubbies this year.

• Like Like x 1
  12. PenGator88

PenGator88 Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2016
    Can't believe that Belichick once was the HC of the Stains.

13. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    All they had to do was run three dives after that catch by Jones and they win the game. Throwing it, fumbling it or missing the FG was the only way they lose. They threw it and they lost.

Quinn, much like Carroll, two years ago should have been fired on the spot.

14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Also the jets for like 5 seconds. LOL! I bet their fans feel like we did when the rats won a few years ago.

15. quark12000

quark12000 Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2015
    And people say pro wrestling is fixed.

I am seriously considering being done with football.

16. 12to88

12to88 Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2011
    There was no "fix." But I get where you're coming from. Did the Pats get called for anything in the final quarter and a half?

More to the point, the refs played a small role. The rest was all Falcons stupidity and luck. Three times Atlanta had near picks that didn't go their way (including on the next to last play) and one of those ended up in Edelman's fingertips.

This game actually turned, I say, when Bennett grabbed the tipped pass. From that point forward, everything shifted.

17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Id have had a lot easier time with NE winning if they had dominated from start to finish. Then Id just be like, screw it, these guys are really good but to win it this way, they are the most fortunate franchise ever.

Tuck rule
    Seattle brain fart
    Atlanta brain fart

Brady and BB should have 2 rings. Thats what ticks me off about tonight, so freaking lucky.

• Like Like x 1
  18. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    Yup - It's that simple. Always has been - it's why I get extremely pissed at the Steelers. The Pats are beatable so long as you don't beat yourself and there isn't a coach in the NFL right now that is on par with Belicheck. Noll had challengers (Shula, Madden, Landry, Gibbs, Brown, Phillips). It's why I think Tomlin should be gone - he can beat other idiots but you saw what happens when he has to actually game plan. The only coaches that make him think are Harbaugh and Belicheck and he's record vs them isn't too good.

19. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Imagine cowboys vs pats next year lol

20. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    I wouldn't call it luck - I'd call it opponent's stupidity. The Pats take advantage of opponent's stupidity. It's why I'd have fired Carroll after his play call 2 years ago and I'd fire Quinn tonight. You lose, ok. You beat yourself and you have to be held accountable.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Semantics. They are lucky their opponents are stupid :lolol:

22. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    "You always want to run the ball," Kyle Shanahan said. "You don't want to just run the ball and make your guy take a 50-yard field goal.

Really dumb@$$ - You had 2nd down on the NE 23. Even if you gain nothing, it's a 40 yard FG. That's if you gain nothing.

Falcons were gaining 5.8 yards per rush.

John Lynch should really rethink this hire.

23. JPP

JPP Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2014
    It's no different for any team (see Bengals last year in the playoffs) or the Chiefs (this year) but the Pats just take advantage better than any other team.

Pats still had to drive all the way down the field at 28-20 and score and get 2. Credit them for that. When they have to make plays they do.

It's like XXX, if that's Brady instead of O'Donnell - they score and win instead of the pick.

In 45, Ben had a chance to win it at the end. The Pats take the opportunity and almost always converted. Other teams don't.

24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I wish the Falcons had an AB on their team because I would love to know what happened in that locker room after this game. LOL!

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    They must be sick, utterly utterly sick.