1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday Ticket Deal

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, Jul 12, 2017.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    My wife has complained for years about the price of Sunday Ticket but I always get it anyway. So today she got in a live chat with a Directv agent and told them that she thought it was bullcrap that they give new customers a deal on it but faithful customers have to pay quite a bit. So they gave her a "loyalty deal" and now I get Sunday Ticket AND Red Zone for only $99.96 this season! It was gonna be $377.94 if she hadn't argued it down. I just thought I'd pass this along to anyone that thought maybe they'd wanna call and bicker. Maybe you can get this deal too. I really don't care about the Red Zone part but am glad to get a good deal to watch all the games that either won't be on tv or I won't be going to. Hope this helps somebody! That $99.96 can be paid at once or over 4 payments btw is what they told her. Maybe instead of arguing amongst ourselves we can take a break for a moment and argue with Directv instead? LOL!

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm trying to decide on paying for Sunday ticket to use with the PS4.

3. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    When they first started doing that a lot of people were complaining that the streaming didn't work as well. I'm sure it's probably a lot better now.

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It wouldn't be surprising if the streaming left a little to be desired, but anything is better than some of the alternative means of watching.

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I usually call and say I want to quit Sunday Ticket and they offer me some reduced rate but not $99 for the whole season!

So BFT, what is your Wife doing at 7pm PDT tonight - I'm thinking of hiring her as my agent when I call DTV - any chance?? :shrug:

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    She will probably be waiting for me to get home from church but maybe I can get her to get on there and argue for you. She drives a pretty hard bargain. She did it through the "live chat with a staff member" or something like that instead of over the phone.

7. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't mind calling DTV on the phone - Customer Service is USA based and I don't have to use my 7-11 language decoder ;)

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah my mamaw has comcast and you talk about disgraceful customer "service". Man.

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I get Sunday ticket free every other year by saying that I want to cancel to switch to cable. They then send your call to customer retention, and retention does a deal to keep you. Same old game. My dtv contract expires next month, and I may actually end up switching and losing some Steelers games at home if they don't give me a historic retention deal. My wife gets ticked at dtv's service quality. We get lagging and stuttering on our service on occasion, and lose service altogether during rain and wind. She also HATES the look of the dish on the house.

10. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    i have actually cancelled Direct TV including the NFL sunday ticket, as Im going away for a month. It was a pain because I had to turn in the Equipment. So when I do return I will get it again including the Sunday ticket for this year free and a reduced rate for their Direct tv like they give all their new customers. They get out of hand with their pricing after a couples years so when they dont renegotiate I just cancel them and start over again.

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    For what it is worth, my friends wife threatens to drop Direct TV every year. And every year, they offer her a reduced rate, and she keeps saying no until she gets a drastically reduced rate. Next year, she does it again.

I think she does something similar to my buddy, but that's his problem.

12. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Lol so your buddy pays his wife to stay with him? Sweet!

• Like Like x 1
  13. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This past year I was seriously thinking about going to Comcast... I use them for internet and as long I don't have to talk to anyone I'm pretty happy with the service.

I put this to DirecTV/ATT last year and I got a SMOKING deal. I have VOIP/Internet/DirectTV w/many movie channels & the ticket for the 2nd half of last year and all of this year for a crazy low price (including genie for two rooms). I keep looking at my bill for it to go up but so far so good (I kept comcast internet and use the AT&T internet as an alternative for random stuff like phone streaming).

Anyway it's CRAZY low (way under $100 month for everything) so the deals for free Sunday Ticket are out there. I've been with them for 10 years so maybe that helps. Not sure what will happen after this season :-S

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    The loss of service during storms is annoying but other than that, I find the service excellent.

And as on cue, a thunderstorm just started and knocked out reception.

Love Sunday Ticket though, couldn't do without it. I've never paid $377 like BFT, they were ripping him off bad!

15. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016

Was 377.96 just for Red Zone and Sunday ticket alone? Or was that included with your normal cable bill every month?

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    It can be paid for over a 4 month period when it gets close to the season. I asked my wife about that and I think that price was for Red Zone AND Sunday Ticket. Seems like normally just Sunday Ticket was like $250 or so. If someone is a new Directv customer though they get a better deal on it. I've been a customer of them for a really long time. Probably like 13 years or so I guess.

17. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Are you sure about that, Direct TV and Sunday ticket are address based. If the name on the account is different with the same address fine. But same name same address doesn't qualify as a new customer unless they gave you some type of loyalty break. Been there done that.

18. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    This will be my first cancel. I will be gone from the area for 2 months. Hope that means something. we shall see.

19. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    I last had DirecTV maybe 5-6 years ago, and while it can be frustrating, I've found that most of the games are viewable in my area. This season I am guessing 13 out of 16 will be on TV based on times and opponents, unless something crazy happens. Yeah I could easily drop $100 going out to eat at a bar with NFL ticket, and sometimes I do, but DirecTV can kiss where the sun don't shine after I cancelled and they tried to claim an early cancellation charge when I was out of contract.

20. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    Is it the same Sunday Ticket on PS4 as it is on DTV? One of the only reasons I keep DTV is for the Sunday Ticket or I would have left long ago.