1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Sunday Ticket - Canada

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CanadianSteel, Sep 5, 2017.

1. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    So, how did it go this week? Has DAZN ironed out the wrinkles?

I was again able to watch the Steelers game on regular cable, but there were a couple games I couldn't access, so I'm concerned an upcoming Steelers game will not be available.

2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Once again I was lucky enough to be able to watch it on Fox.

I did watch DAZN during the late games because I wanted to watch a bit of the Raiders game.

No technical issues. Everything worked fine.

Quality still isn't HD though. I did get an email from them and they are considering compensation for last week's issues. I'm hoping for a free month.

3. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    At this point my fellow Canadian brothers and sisters, what I do is wait for some YouTube Channel to have the game either on Monday or Tuesday.

Did the Browns one on Tuesday and found a Vikings one today. Granted the latter's sound was cut due to possible copyright claims but outside of that, nothing else to complain about.

4. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    Looks like this week will be the week I register for DAZN, as it doesn't appear as thought the Steelers game will be on my cable. Bell now says that they 'miscommunicated' the information about having all games available. What a crock. Pretty sure they knew all along, that wouldn't be the case.

5. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    They are indeed compensating with a free month.
    FWIW last week was better than the first week. No error codes when trying to connect but I did have some lag and buffering issues. It seemed to clear up in the second half though. Hopefully this week will be better still.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Agreed. Big improvement in week 2 vs week 1. And with the free month that will take me to November. 6 of the 8 last games all should be on nationwide broadcast so I might actually dump Dazn at the end of October.

Th only games I may not see are Indy and the Cleveland game at the end of the year, which likely will be meaningless.

7. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    I used DAZN on Sunday, for the first time, and I must admit, it was better picture quality than I expected and I never lost the signal or had gaps for buffering. The speed definitely lags a bit, but other than that, it was pretty good.

But we lost, so I hate it.

8. GOAT

GOAT Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Had no problems watch 3 games it was great

9. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    They are definitely getting better. The free month is nice too.

10. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    So, are my fellow Canadian fans using DAZN again this season? I received an email from Bell today stating that they have Sunday Ticket back again. Not sure what I'll do.... Bell would likely be more reliable, but DAZN is about half the price.

11. dd63

dd63 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2017
    I signed up for it last week and watched the last two games on it without a glitch. The picture quality was excellent as well. My only hope is that they fixed the lag they had in relation to regular cable. I watch it while chatting with my friends on a chat app, and it sucks when they are 30 seconds to a minute ahead of me.

12. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm back with DAZN.

$20/month for Sunday ticket, red zone, nfl network, hard knocks, mlb network, some college and other stuff I probably won't watch. :lolol:

Sunday ticket with Bell is $50/month and I'm not sure if that has on demand like DAZN does with a full archive all season long.

The quality still isn't there with DAZN but it's less than half price. Plus I'm sure 6-8 Steeler games will be on my cable package up here anyways.

13. CanadianSteel

Oct 24, 2011
    That's kind of what I was thinking too. I'll likely go with DAZN again this season.

14. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    DAZN was horrible! I have Directv here in New Brunswick and I almost got rid of it when I saw how cheap DAZN was going to be, glad I didn't

15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Just curious, what are Canadian neighbors pay for high speed internet/month?

16. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    On its own, it's usually around $80-100/month, but you can typically bundle it with a cable TV package and phone for around $130-150 total per month.

Our problem up here is that there is very little competition. We only have 2 major players, Rogers and Bell.

17. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    It wasn't a great experience last year. They made it right by giving a free month due to poor service in the beginning.

Never experienced Direct TV. What's that cost?

Bell's Sunday Ticket at $50/month is just way too much. DAZN still isn't perfect but there's enough there to make it worth $20

18. Danthesteelersman

Danthesteelersman Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Sent you a PM