1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Summer Baseball

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by NY STEELERFAN, Aug 23, 2017.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    So this past weekend my son played in a 18u tourney in Hershey PA. It was thru a company called "Future Stars Tournament Baseball" (FSTB). So off we go, get out of football practice early, drive 3 hrs to play 2 games on Saturday. Hotel, dinner, gas and not to mention spend the whole weekend away only to wake up Sunday morning to a phone call saying the Tourney was cancelled. They had a thunderstorm Saturday night and said the fields were ruined. I say BS they just didn't want to play on their fields, it was sunny all day Sunday great weather. My opinion is if you feel that way about your fields than don't have a tourney charging $650 a team.

The coach told me that they told him there was no refund as they played 2 games....wow. We didn't have to pay as this was a favor to the coach but the club he played for did and that sucked. There was 6 teams and none local, one team was from VA. I don't like to bad mouth anyone willing to put on tourneys but this was bad. I have traveled to many tourneys throughout my 3 boys time playing sports but this one got under my skin.

So all I am saying is fellow board members with kids playing travel ball be aware of FSTB. I am sure for every bad experience there is 10 good ones but know there are bad experiences out there......and I found it this weekend. :smiley1: