1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Su'a Cravens?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by uncblue012, Feb 27, 2018.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Yes and no. If we're taking a chance on him and expect him to come in and provide depth then no I don't mind the gamble.
    If we're counting on him to be a starter I don't wanna take the chance. It could be disastrous. In that's situation we may be worse off than Mitchell?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    It' perceived Cravens quit on his team. Fair or unfair, he can' go back in that locker room.

Bryant is 1 infraction away from missing a whole season. Plus he publicly attacks his own teammates.

Both have big risks. I think Cravens actually has less risk and is a position of more need.

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Craven's is a bigger risk and it's not even close.
    Every time he steps on the field he has a chance at another concussion. Playing the safety position you know it's inevitable that there's going to be helmet to helmet contact and a good chance at another concussion That's a fact.
    And anything about what Bryant might do is just guessing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Iowasteelersfan784

Iowasteelersfan784 Active Member

Jan 6, 2018
    Cravens got a killer name. But soft head, one shot to the head could mean weeks with him out. I would pass, IMHO.

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We need Bryant. AB and juju are pretty much it without Bryant. Eli says he'll be ready but who knows. DHB? Really? Marcus Tucker is unproven. Hunter? Can we re-signed him and is he enough? McDonald is risky every week. Let's not deplete the one side of the ball that performs pretty well for a guy that is iffy in a role we just can't miss on. If we had players in place and he was a luxury pickup well that's one thing but we don't have that luxury right now. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I'd kick the tires but not for Bryant, and I'm not happy with Bryant at all. Cravens *could* be a good S but he hasn't reached that level yet and there are red flags all over the guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I think the guy has a ton of talent. And maybe his whole "quitting" on his team thing had more to do with the concussions than him just being a malcontent.
    I'd be interested in him here. Not sure what I'd give up for him though. Maybe a conditional pick in 2019?

8. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Colbert said they aren't shopping Bryant, he said teams have called them though and he said he's not available.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree and that is why I said low risk high reward, don't want him to come in and be a starter but if he works his way in that is awesome. Look at what we have right now at S Wilcox 3.8m and offers nothing and Golden 1.8m knows the system but can't play in it. I am willing to give Cravens a shot as a back up at 1m, no? We already know if we put our back ups in they stink even if Cravens stinks he is half the cost allowing us to spend more on a starter like Boston for example. jmo

• Like Like x 1
  10. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Probably photoshopped then if it was posted on a fan account.

11. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I can agree with that.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Id like to take a chance on Cravens but not for Bryant. He was returning to form by the end of the season, we know what he can do. After his benching and talk with Tomlin he kept his head on straight and worked hard. I dont believe he will cause any trouble this season.

Craven may or may not be helpful, cant risk giving up Bryant for him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I agree and while I am willing to take a chance on Cravens what has he done, meanwhile MB has show he can be a darn good WR. My point is we are not and nobody else is giving up a player of any value for Cravens. At the most it will be a draft pick maybe in the range of McDonald, I am all for a 5th. Cravens is a guy with concussion problems and some kind of mystery problems that nobody knows about causing him to leave the team. Teams are not going to give up a good player for that.......

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm more curious to see Malik golden than Robert golden. This kid played pretty well last preseason and that must have caught the eyes of someone.they brought him back this year. That may be one depth player already. Davis will start and then it depends on what we do with Allen. I seriously doubt they will keep him buried on the CB depth chart. Raw yes but they kept him on the active roster for a reason and I don't think it was to sit the bench for another year.:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  15. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    The Honey Badger is going to be available from Arizona.