1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Stock Market

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Coastal Steeler, Nov 1, 2016.

1. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I been messing with the stock market for about 20 years now. Don't know why I waited so long cause I am good at it. I retired from the Marines after 30 years and have a pension till I die. I worked briefly for Edward Jones as a Branch office administrator and started a retirement account. I guess. Insured it so My wife will be ok in case I go first. Have a lot of blue chip stocks paying dividends. The last few years I started playing Marijuana stocks. I had a penny account and it went broke so I started buying them in my retirement account. Nothing big but I made $1,600 On one stock. Then made $16,500 on another. At this point I am up $12,0** On Marijuana company of America Ticker MCOA. I bought 200,000 shares at $0.0065. The stock is $0.065 cents now. No way do I say go buy it because it is already running. I mention this because if any of you are interested in MJ stocks. This is a good time to research some and get in if you want. I think MJ stocks are going to have a good run through November. Medical and recreational use is on the ballot in 5 or 7 states next Tuesday. I just entered a sell order for $0.10 on mine. Posting in case anyone is invested and may want to look around. PS: Buying MCOA now may be like trying to catch a falling knife. My plan is sell then hope they screw something up so the bottom drops out then buy back in.

So why you trading stocks Coastal you may ask. Cause I don't work any more and can not contribute to my IRA so this is how I make it grow.

2. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Sold for $20,000 today By Mistake. Had an open order to sell at .10 and forgot till it executed today. No complaints though

3. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    michael jordan stocks
    ??????

4. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Ha-ha Dar. Marijuana stocks. Not legal to buy or smoke a lot of places but legal to buy and sell on the stock market.I think 7 of the 9 states voting on Medical MJ or recreation MJ passed in the election
    Few exerts from a report below

On the medical side, voters in Florida, North Dakota and Arkansas have approved medical marijuana initiatives. Voters in in Montana also rolled back restrictions on an existing medical pot law.

Voters in California,Massachusetts and Nevada approved recreational marijuana initiatives Tuesday night, and several other states passed medical marijuana provisions, in what is turning out to be the biggest electoral victory for marijuana reform since 2012, when Colorado and Washington first approved the drug's recreational use.
    In addition to the states above, localoutlets in Maine are declaring victory for that state's legalization measure, but with 91 percent of precincts reporting just a few thousand votes separate the "Yes" and "No" columns.

BTW Headed to Myrtle Beach first 2 weeks in December

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I know there's a pill called "Mardiol" or something like that. It's given to cancer patients for pain mgmt. Does the money you invest go to stuff like that? My papaw had to take that pill when he had cancer and I've known others that did as well. Pot is illegal here but that pill is apparently not but I think the pill is literally just pot in a pill form. You think that pill would have the same effect as actually smoking pot.

6. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    i could be wrong
    but i thought that was a synthetic pot by some farm a suidical

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    So synthetic means it's not real or something? Isn't there a chemical in pot that determines whether it's "good" pot or whatever? THC or something? This guy told me at work one day about all the good pot that he used to smoke when I was talking about how the NFL players must really find some good stuff for it to make them risk such a lucrative career to smoke it and he said that he smoked stuff that was just as good. You think that could even be true?

8. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    i have no idea what any of what you typed means
    the only pot i know is the one i prepare meals in

usually involving Ramen noodles and any toppings like
    squeeze cheeze
    chocolate chips
    peanut butter
    anchovy
    habanero
    and sprinkles

:cool:

9. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Oh actually I was talking about what you were talking about.

10. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    yahman
    its Ramen
    LOL

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    HA!

12. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Blount. These guys so far are are only into the CBD side. They will and are in the THC "GET HIGH" side. Here is a little on what they already released http://www.marijuanacompanyofameric...nches-Its-Inaugural-Product-hempSMARTTM-Brain. That tells you a little about it. This is the one they are selling now.
    http://www.hempsmart.com/ If you guys remember back in 2014 and congress and prez were signing the agricultural bill. There was a little girl in NC who needed it. Her & her mom lived in Colorado so she could get stuff like this hempsmartbrain stuff.
    MCOA is actually back down to a nickle a share. It hits a penny again I am buying 100,000 shares.
    ALERT Don't follow me down this road. Some folks don't know when to sell and end up not making any money haha. I only put it on here in case someone was interested and had a little stock trading skills. BFT My pastor picks on me for trading them but has said he wishes he knew how to trade them.

13. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    you pusher!!!!!

14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I've got a family member that's obsessed with the stock market and he's a partner in it with a guy I go to church with. I called him one time to ask him about how I could get involved in it and he said that just over that weekend he had make like a hundred grand! Then his wife told me that he will never really get any money from it because he's so into just buying stock that he only uses his earnings to buy more stock and that's all he really cares about. LOL!

15. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Gotta make a living Dar Ha-ha

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I take the money and run. When I have a $15,000 gain I usually sell. I have made $15,000, 16,000 and 19,000 gains. One time I didn't like what I saw and took a 1,600 gain. Glad I did as that stock went toes up. I don't work anymore. The only I can add to my IRA is buy and sell stocks. You can only add earned income. Retirement doesn't count

17. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    BFT. If you want to get in the stock market I suggest you go to TDAmeritrade, or Etrade, Scott trade. All I think will let you do a mock portfolio. Use no money to learn how to trade. When you feel good enough then trade for real. At your age which is a lot younger than me. I would stick to blue Chip and established stocks. I have a lot of them just do MJ stocks because I do not have to rely on the IRA. I can live ok on my Marine Corps Pension