1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Still Sucks To Be A Browns Fan

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Dec 27, 2018.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Imagine being a Browns fan this Sunday. If you win, the hated Steelers make the playoffs. If you lose, the hated Ravens make the playoffs. This Steelers season has been a disaster, but it is still nice to know that there will be a little misery for the Browns no matter what the outcome of their game is Sunday.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I hope the Browns fans are able to celebrate a winning record come Sunday night.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I get Browns fans hating the Steelers, but it would be an easy choice for me. The Ravens are the franchise that screwed Cleveland out of its team. If I was a Browns fan, I'd be much more interested in making the Ravens hurt than the Steelers. Also, I imagine that a winning record actually means something to the Browns and their fans.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Me too. I am just glad Browns fans will have to live with putting us in the playoffs.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    There is a way for the Browns fans to still have a win win outcome Sunday. They beat the Ravens and Bengals beat the Steelers.

Excuse me while I clean up the vomit on my keyboard.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Could the Football Gods possibly be that cruel?:facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    To the Steelers and their fans... absolutely. Look what has happened over the past month. :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Oh yeah, no question! If the Browns win bank on us losing!

If that happens.....FMTI!

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Unfortunately, none of the players, coaches, or ownership were around when the original Clowns slithered out of Cleveland that fateful day. Going for a winning record, I can see the motivation in that. Lets hope they play like they do as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Yes, remember we have a coach that is playing a sub 500 team with a back up QB and we're favored by a ton. The answer to your question is Absoleffing Yes..

11. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    This. The Browns got their "win" against us already (tie). To beat the Ravens, which would be a season sweep, and get a winning record, AND knock the Ravens out of the playoffs is heaven for those fans.

12. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Football Gods being cruel?! Unlikely.

Keith Butler's ineptitude?! Oh most definitely.

13. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    I have a feeling in the next few years we will no longer be calling them the Clowns. The tide is turning whether you all want to believe it or not. IMHO, there are no teams in the NFL that are afraid to play the Steelers. That never used to be. ANY team now thinks they have a chance to beat us, and rightfully so, because they do. We've been living on our reputation the last few years. I see the sun setting on the once mighty Steelers. At least until we see some new blood brought in. Starting at QB. I've been saying this all season and most of you think I'm crazy, but Ben is on his way out. He's old and beat up. He had a great run, but all good things must end some time. You don't think the "powers that be" in the Steelers organization aren't already looking to see where our next QB is coming from? If they're not, they better be.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

I don't really know Browns fans but if I were one and I played the team that use to be me I would want to win every single time. Cleveland Browns Baltimore Browns this would be ringing in my head as a fan. Yeah I would hate that the other rival team I hate would make the playoffs but oh well. Also you have to remember Greg Williams is playing for a job here. It wasn't to long ago many thought Williams wouldn't ever get a decent job after the whole bountygate thing and look at here 5-2 as the tempory HC.

16. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think Browns make the playoffs next year... and unpopular opinion, if Steelers don't make strides to improve, especially on defense... I don't think we make the playoffs next year.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Baker Mayfield can break the record for rookie QB tds with 3 tds. , Has 24 needs 27. Browns fans have that. I think he gets it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Man I hope he gets 5.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Oh, I doubt the current Browns care at all about the history. They just want the winning record.

I would think a significant percentage of the fanbase does care about the history.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They seem to think Mason Rudolph is a real candidate. Hell, maybe they are foolish enough to see Dobbs as a realistic option.

That said, apparently, you missed the game in New Orleans and quite a few others this season. Roethlisberger is certainly declining, but he can still play. More than anyone, he carried that team into position to beat the Saints. From the start of that 97-yard drive in the second quarter, the Saints couldn't stop him. Sadly, a stupid coaching decision and Ridley conspired to ruin one drive, a blown pass protection ruined another and Smith-Schuster's fumble ended the last. None of those were on Roethlisberger.

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. sjromano

Nov 3, 2011
    Shh, stop making sense and providing empirical evidence, dude.

22. Beltzhoover Kid

Beltzhoover Kid Active Member

Dec 23, 2018
    Fans don’t play games. Players don’t care about that history.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  23. BuckeyeBucco

BuckeyeBucco Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You do realize Mike Tomlin is our coach, right?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If Browns look elsewhere for a new HC...I really hope Steelers consider Gregg Williams as DC.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Nice thanks for telling me this all this time I thought we were watching the fans every Sunday not the players!!!!!! Before you go taking shots know what the thread is about, this thread is about being a browns fan.

Also if you think players don't care about history you are dead wrong. There is a reason both the Bungals and Clowns(Cleveland and Baltimore) don't like us and it is not cause we don't invite them to Sunday dinner it is because.............yep history!!!!!!

Welcome to the board