1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

still proud to be a steeler fan

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by stairway2seven, Dec 20, 2011.

1. stairway2seven

stairway2seven Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Game was terrible all around and I am even to pissed to go to bed least I am working from home tomorrow. so sitting here thinking it is only 1 game. we are some of the most craziest fans out there. We are calling for the heads of every person on that team and they deserve it right now, but just think we know we are already going to be in the playoffs. Living in DC I hear about the skins all the time. I mean at the beginning of the season they were hoping 500 ball (which they wont get) and knowing they are not going to playoffs. We are hoping super bowl btw we still are. Luckily it is a short week for the team and the fans. We will get up on St Louis and then beat Cleveland. I bet you ask any skins fan if they would take 12-4 everyone would wish for one. Our team does that or better on a regular basis. I still believe in this team!!!!!

2. merlin111

merlin111 Active Member

Nov 3, 2011
    As do I and probably 99% of those that post here. As far as the next two games, I sit most of our starters. Not sure Ben should have played the second half anyway from this 49ers game. Woodley and Pouncey probably gonna be out anyway. Not sure besides falling from a 5th to a 6th seed if thats even posssible, what we would have to gain besides the going into playoffs with two wins. I dont know.

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I hear you.

It's just frustrating seeing this team not once, but twice now have the ability to seize control of the AFC, and the North specifically... and blow it in embarrassing fashion.

Who knows? We may yet win the North. Cinci isn't necessarily a gimme for Baltimore. I just wish I'd seen us play a top team and play them well (even in a loss) just ONCE this year. It doesn't inspire a lot of hope for January. I'll be here 'til the (bitter) end, but I have yet all year to see any kind of real spark (forget fire) in this team.

4. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I hear ya, D. At this point for me it's like religion: I just beleive in these guys, even though I haven't really seen anything to support it (other than Pat game).

5. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    :this!: my thoughts exactly. :ratbirds:

6. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Man in live near you in Bowie, Maryland not to far from FedEx Field and I hate the skins and the Ravens (Ratbirds). I believe in the Steelers too, but they need to make some major changes, starting with getting rid of Bruce Arians. They will never win another Super Bowl with Arians as OC. They need to replace Farrior and upgrade at nose tackle. They need to bring in a young guy and let Hampton tutor him next year. They need to let Mendenhall go and do there homework and bring in another back. Even make a trade if necessary to get a top back to work with Redman. ALso, they need to get a legit Full Back.

They need to fine the best OC that is out there.

7. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Yeah, I'm right there with you. Was at the game this evening and there was precious little to be excited about, from offense, defense, special teams and coaching decisions (including the awful clock management at the end of the first half). As Steelers fans, we definitely see the highs and lows from week to week and it may have been too much to ask for Ben to play on that ankle (and definitely silly to keep him in when it was clear we would lose). Pouncey's absence was also obvious on the O-line as was Harrison's on the lack of pass rush. We were beaten in all phases tonight and the lack of any type of spark seemed obvious.

Still, it seems to go with the territory, and with 3 Super Bowl appearances in the last 6, we've had a lot to cheer about and be thankful for in addition to the mystifying losses and gut-wrenching calls in key stuations. Would be nice if we didn't have to take the bad with the good, but it keeps the experience interesting. I will keep holding out hope for a first round bye as Baltimore and Houston have also shown their ability to lose key games, especially on the road where it is always difficult to win (I don't care who you're playing).

Go Bengals in week 17! Would still like the chance for a home game in the playoffs.

8. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    :amen: :frustrated: