1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steven Jackson Looking Good

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelers412, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Hey, any 240 lb running back who can push past a shoulder tackle by a 200 lb DB on a perfectly blocked play is pretty rockin in my book.

2. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Listen, and understand! That Steelers412 is out there!
    He can't be bargained with.
    He can't be reasoned with.
    He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear.
    And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until this thread is dead.

3. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    :noose:

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So he's 4T2?

5. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Todman had 11 carries for 65 yards with a longest of 25 yards. Toussaint had 17 carries for 58 yards and 4 catches for 60 yards in the Wildcard game facing a division rival in bad weather conditions on the road that had the top scoring defense that was also highly motivated to hurt anyone wearing black and gold. Top scoring defense means they create turnovers neither player turned the ball over even though I believe Todman also got his bell rung in that game and still didn't turn the ball over. I'd say that kind of showing is difficult to over look and the evidence points to them being ready and not overwhelmed by the situation. You can't tout Steven Jackson's meager contribution in the AFC championship game and then dismiss a solid performance by T&T with out giving them equal weight

He tried to make it to the edge and get up field. Are you saying that he should have simply looked for the 1st down marker and dove into the ground? Does Ben throwing to a double covered Wheaton on 4th and 1 mean he wasn't ready for the task? How many times have we seen AB cut back against the grain and try to gain extra yards? Does that mean he was unprepared? In that situation Toussaint secured the ball in right arm, the one furthest from where the point of contact would be made as he angled towards the sideline, his left arm/shoulder would some into contact with the defender first. The Bronco who caused the fumble did so by beating the WR that was blocking him and punching at the ball as Toussaint passes them. A heads up play by the Bronco and an untimely one for Toussaint. If he had secured the ball in his left arm that puts it closest to the defenderand the point of contact making it a higher risk for a jarring hit to knock the ball loose. As others have said it could have happen to any RB be they vet or rookie.

This is just semantics. They had a veteran RB in DWill and while I agree maybe they should have gotten some one better than Pead back in week 9 it was slim pickings and then you have to bring them along, taking carries away from DWill while hoping that the vet picks up the offense, doesn't get hurt themselves, doesn't suck(Scobee) and hope they actually can play otherwise you have just wasted limited money, limited resources and a roster spot on a roll of the dice.

• Like Like x 3
  6. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    DWill was carrying the load just fine and I think that's the way they were looking at it too. Actually, I will go as far as to say that our running game didn't even really suffer this year after losing Bell like it did last year. I love Bell big time but I'm just saying that DWill did such a great job that there wasn't a drastic dropoff in production. DWill can also block as well. To suggest that we would have won the game by simply having Steven Jackson is absurd on its face. Did the pats win???

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Well now my feelers are hurt because I'm not perfect like the OP. I make mistakes sometimes, too, just as Toussaint does and perhaps some others here do, as well. Woe is me.

I aspire to be as perfect as the OP some day.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Top notch guvna.

It's the big road wiv the cars on, innit?

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I hope this thread keeps going until next year's play-offs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Like the new sig line!:lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  12. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I clicked on this thread again. Someone help me. Please.

14. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I hadn't posted in this tread yet, so I thought "oh, what the heck".

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  15. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    welcometoparty.gif

• Like Like x 2