1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

steve simms

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Nov 11, 2022.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    what should we expect from this guy? he's quick. will he do some damage as the least covered receiver on the field. DJ, pickens, muth should probably expect more consideration from the defense, i would think. i believe if he can make the defense shift to him early, muth may have a big day as well. this all will be interesting to watch especially with warren possibly being targeted more. it's there for us to exploit but will they or can they? that's the big question. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    It will be interesting to see for sure. He has really stuck around on the PS last year and earned his spot with his camp an preseason. Was kind of an afterthought to start the year, but when he was given his opportunity (thanks to Olszewski fumbling his spot away) he really took advantage of it. I don't want to set heightened expectations, but he has at least shown that he can be a spark on ST and with the ball in his hands in open space. If he can give us quality reps out of the slot and continue to perform in the return game, he can solidify his spot on this team for the future. Going to be cheering for him

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011

agreed, and i hope he's an afterthought for the taints defense too. :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Despite the drops, the majority of the saints defensive attention will go to DJ.... When/if Pickens starts to burn them and they adjust, then Muth and Simms will get fed....
    This is all assuming that our OC starts to make the necessary adjustments

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Ah My Friend......You assume way too much. LoL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    The Saints’ attention, like all previous teams, will go to Pickett, make him feel uncomfortable and forcing bad throws. When our OL can keep a clean pocket or open up running lanes, our receivers will get fed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    If the Saints focus on stopping our 1st and 2nd down runs, then I'm certain they'll be successful.

8. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    I heard Sims got speed to go downfield. Hopefully this is true, we need defenders to back up from our wideouts.

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am anxious to see what he has.

10. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The Happy Trickster will dial up something for Sims. Whether it works or not is a crap shoot.

Their best corner Marshon Lattimore is out. So lets hope that Pickett to Pickens is in the Happy Tricksters plans.

Since they will open up with run, run, pass I hope to see Warren in there. Lets see if it's just the line.

11. BAMASteeler

BAMASteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2022
    Is Sims really explosive?
    At 5-9 185 lbs he is not very fast, his change of direction is not sudden. Doesn't have great leaping ability... With that said I hope he shows something for the Steelers.

12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Well we've only played one team that has give up more yards on the ground than the Saints, and We beat them. So :shrug:

13. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Sadly our WR beating off defenders is something lacking for years.

• Like Like x 1