1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Stephen Hill at #24

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steelersrule6, Mar 15, 2012.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Receiver from Georgia Tech 6'3 215lbs tore it up at the combine ran a 4.3 forty 38 inch vertical. Then let Wallace play next season then he leaves as a free agent and you have his replacement already on the team. Like when the Steelers traded Santonio Holmes they had Wallace ready to take his place. Hill is the ultimate deep threat I think he averaged 28 yds per reception.

2. traceman

traceman Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I'm not in a hurry for Wallace to go anywhere, but has anyone heard of any teams contacting him? Has he visited anywhere? I thought some tean would have at least contacted him.

3. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Think the big concern with going for Wallace at this point is the 7 days the Steelers have to match an offer. This early in the free agent market, teams won't be sitting around to wait on a maybe, when they can be going after one of the others without the wait. Wallace is a great fall back for them. If they can't get a top rate receiver, Wallace will be there in two weeks, and they won't have to worry about losing out on a top tier WR while waiting on him.

And yes, I would think Hill would be an option in the first with a second pick. But only one of many options.

4. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hill is an intriguing prospect. Speed in a 6-4 frame.

5. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Arguably our deepest position (not to mention one that's generally perceived to be easier to get value in later rounds) and you're advocating the 4th ranked WR in this year's draft as our 1st pick?

6. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Why not? He'd be our fourth receiver, so it all makes sense! :thumbs_up:

7. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Well, if Wallace goes, then you get this kid sign Cotchery, re-sign Ward to help bring him along and I think you're safe.

8. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Hopefully you're employing some sarcasm here. We have much bigger needs than WR.

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Hill wouldn't be my first choice but if Poe and Hightower are gone by the 24th pick might be good value. If the Steelers can't reach a longterm deal with Walllace then you can build around Brown, Sanders, and Hill.

10. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    I disagree that Hill makes good value at #24. If every single guy we are targeting is gone, we can always trade down and get someone else.

Even if Hill was good value though, and even if Wallace goes, we are still strong at WR. Brown and Sanders are a formidable duo. Why spend a #1 pick to turn a duo into a trio when the offensive line can't give our QB enough time to throw it to anyone? And our RBs can't find a hole half the time? Any WR at any point in this draft would be a luxury pick. We have important positions on this team where we have zero players of starting caliber on the roster. At WR we have three, possibly four. We also have positions where we have good starters that are aging and will need replacements soon. A receiver in the first would be nuts.

11. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Sanders hasn't been healthy for a full season yet, so realistically looking at Brown and Cotchery if they don't sign Wallace. Maybe a re-sign of Ward if that happens.

12. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't understand. He has missed games before, so we don't have him? :shrug: