1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Stephan Tuitt

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by oldschool, Mar 13, 2023.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    That has to be the dumbest post I have seen yet :facepalm:.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    And that could've been Tomlin keeping the news of Tuitt private. I'm drawing assumptions of my own here. Nobody in the organization has spoken negatively towards Tuitt on how he handled this. We'll never know exactly what happened behind the scenes so baseless assumptions aren't the way. I'll just say in my own personal battles, in my darkest hour communication is thrown out the window. If I can get outta bed, it's going to a bar until I'm so wasted I'm popping pills to kill myself. We're all different.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Root for another team

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    ...... yeah....

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  5. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I understand your thoughts, there is no real winner here. Folks express opinions that he should give it back, but do we really know anything about conversations that were possibly had between the parties? The Steelers might have been able to make a claim, I honestly do not know, but the effort and long term relations with other players and the public could prove very negative. What he does with the money is up to him, but MH issues are no joke and for now he needs to take care of himself. In another post I mentioned John Reinstra, found an article a couple of years old. He mentioned that the line teammates he played with are all dead, and it appears all had CTE. He (according to him and his wife) is experiencing symptoms, but he said he said he had to be careful talking about it because he is trying to get benefits. I have no idea if its NFL related bennies (early retirement or something else), but the man was basically doing handy man jobs as a living. My point is we see these big bucks and think life is just great for these guys, but if your health goes, then life is not so great.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I have no idea what that feels like (thankfully), but if it feels like you have a huge hole in your butt after yet another steeler loss we should have won...then I have felt that, and have never felt this over this situation. lmao

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Yeah, but the coaches and organization also took the high road with Bell and AB too. So, their motus operandi is to take the verbal high road so, again, I’ve looked to read between the lines with them and draw my own conclusions. I originally was just asking other where they landed on this subject. Seems to be pretty 50/50.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    So to sum up this thread it's all about the money. Everything would have been OK if he didn't receive money he was grieving for his brother and helping his family and his mother deal with the fact that his brother was killed before their very eyes with his face being destroyed his legs severed and an arm mangled while the perpetrator drove off never to be charged. It's the money that upsets people.

The secondary point is Tuitt's handling of this time and how all parties involved should have been more transparent and telling fans exactly what was going on as often as they could possibly daily. Hate to pop that bubble but it's none of our fraking business.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    No disrespect to Oldschool but I couldn’t care less how he left town.

From a football standpoint I’m only sorry we lost such a good player to an unfortunate twist of fate.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1