1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steph Curry

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, May 30, 2016.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I don't see why people hate on Lebron, dude is very passionate about winning and will do anything to get there. See cavs after lebron left, and when he came back. He elevates teams like no other. He is truly the greatest player in the NBA right now AND he was the top in every statistical category in the finals. Beast

2. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    On top of what he does on the court, is what he does off of it, that the national media never mentions, and that`s how he likes it...

He has a foundation here, that starts working with "disadvantaged" kids, from grade 1, and "promises" them a scholarship, as long as they "promise" to meet certain benchmarks...

GPA, Staying out of trouble, volunteering in the community, etc...
    The "I PROMISE" initiative, funded by part of his LeBron Family Foundation, or something like that...

I don`t know all the details, or may not have the names right, because he doesn`t do it to self-promote.

It`s not all over the media, even here, he does a LOT of it "behind the scenes"...
    There are a FEW "photo-ops", but for the most part it gets done, without being splashed across the front page of the newspaper.

He hosts "bike rides" in this city, where he gives away 1,000`s of free bikes, to poor kids, and brings other players from throughout the NBA with him to meet these kids...

That is one of the exceptions to the "self-promotion" thing, but most of what he does, I read a blurb on page 3 or 4 of the "local" news, if at all...

He`s given hundreds of thousands of dollars to build, or re-furbish recreation centers in some of the poorest areas of this town, so the kids have somewhere to go, instead of dealing drugs on the corner...

He`s donated I don`t even know how much, to schools in the area to upgrade their facilities, and give laptops to some kids who would never have them otherwise...

As a Disneyland afficianado, you should know that for the last 2 years, he has teamed with Cedar Point, a local amusement park, to auction off rides on their newest, world-class/record breaking coasters, to raise money for his foundation, and give the kids in his "I Promise" program a chance to ride these new coasters, before the general public, for free...

In short, I wish you would do some research on this man, and you would probably realize, that for a pro athlete, he is EXTREMELY generous, humble, and gives back to the town he came from...

And, oh yeah, about the worst offense you will find he has EVER been charged with, other than driving 100+mile an hour, on a freeway, with little other traffic, late at night, one time, is hurting the feelings of his fans, with "The Decision"...

Most of whom welcomed him back, even before he delivered on his promise to bring a championship back to a long hurting area of the country...

I would say to you, BFT, for him...

"HOW YA LIKE ME NOW!!!!????"

He`d never be that cocky/arrogant on a public forum...

But I can and will...

He`s a good man, a family man, and one hell of an athelete!!!

I`m just glad the 1st Championship to come to Cleveland in 50 some years came in basketball instead of football...

I could have even lived with the Tribe, but not the Clowns...

Their fans are gonna suffer for eternity!!! LOL!!!:thumbs up::lolol::herewego!: