1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steely McBeam

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, Jul 24, 2012.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I just had this random thought and had to get on here to share it. Am I the only person on here that finds Steely McBeam to be the worst thing to happen not only to the Steelers but also to humanity itself? I've not been to Heinz in a few years but I have seen him in person before. Is he still even there? He never seems to be mentioned on here but I think if I knew how to put these fancy avatars on here like some of you more tech savvy folks I would get me an avatar of him. Like it or not he is now part of our history. But again am I the only person that finds him to be SOOOO lame? For the record Rod Woodson agrees with me.

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Doesn't do anything for me, but I'm not a kid. Kids like him.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    what happened to the terrible towel mascot. i liked him much better. :cool:

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I never give it any thought. I guess we get him instead of cheerleaders. Gasp, uh oh, now I've done it :o

5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    time for t...ty mcboob you mean? :cool:

6. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    As long as we keep dominating on the gridiron, I think the Chief could care less, if we had block letters, cheerleaders, or Steely Mc`Beam...
    I am fairly sure he would toss the last two out the window, but wouldn`t care much, as long as we continue to lead the league in Lombardi`s!!!

7. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I do like the thought cheerleaders though... matter of fact I'm thinking of them right now...nevermind.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    As far as I know there are only like 5 teams in the league that don't have a mascot. I guess it's just an inevitability that we'd get one. Sure don't seem too "steelery" though.

9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Can't stand him. Gives the impression that they're all Paul Bunyan types from West Virginia. No offense to Paul Bunyan types though...

10. Steelmac5

Steelmac5 Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011

No the worst thing to happen to the Steelers is changing to PEPSI!!!!! We are a COKE franchise!!!! Mean Joe's coke commercial is classic and Troy's was pretty good too!!!!

Mike

11. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Pepsi is better as a stand alone drink. Coke is good for mixed drinks. Just sayin...

EDIT: just saw the statement. Please tell me he's better in front of board meetings, because his reading the statement sucked. He really conveyed the excitement!

http://www.steelers.com/video-and-audio ... 0660711c3c

12. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Steely makes a sweet avatar though. Much better than your old one.

13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i agree. pepsi sucks. it's weak, the steelers are not about weak. they might as well start serving miller beer too. :? :cool:

14. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Pepsi sucks, Coke is so much better. If I want a weak ass soda, I'll reach for a pepsi.

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I also concur that Pepsi is not as good as Coke. Really I think the only pepsi product that can compete with any Coke product is Mountain Dew.

16. leveraged

leveraged Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Thankfully I've never seen him get any air time during a game.

17. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Sure because IC is so delicious!! ( I can't stand the regular, but I do enjoy an IC Lite) Might be that commercial stuck in my head while I'm drinking one though....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx8z5aUIu0I

18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i never said that. rolling rock was the big sponser beer at the stadium. i can't stand either of them taste wise. or miller. i'm more of a bud guy. :hello: :cool:

19. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    My son likes Steely, which is the reason I think we have him, for the kids. Steeler fans know when to cheer and have a lot to cheer for. But its nice to have that ambassador with the kids.

20. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Can't stand Steely. I thought he was horrible the first time I saw him and I haven't changed my mind since. My kids are huge Steelers fans, and other than the fact that there's a small image of him on my son's Nerf Steelers football, they have no idea who Steely is.

Also, Coke > Pepsi.

21. Homestead____Works

Homestead____Works Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Never, ever, put cheerleaders and block numbers(letters, numbers...eh) in the same sentence.

Anyway, to follow up...

If you drink Coke, you might as well be a Cryboy fan. (How's that for taking the pop (if you called it 'soda', nope, not a Steeler fan) wars to a new level!)

Pepsi RULES, well, mainly because they make Mountain Dew.
    1. Mt. Dew
    2. Pepsi
    3. a quality root beer (it does have 'beer' in the name, afterall)
    etc.
    etc.
    etc. ........
    347. 1962 vintage Mon water
    348. Tab
    349. Coke

22. Homestead____Works

Oct 22, 2011
    Oops, missed the main point here.

Steely needs to 'sleep with the fishes'.
    (the character, not the person inside, of course)

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Mean Joe Green, that's all I gots to say :thumbsup:

24. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Personally I like duce stanley ...

25. Homestead____Works

Oct 22, 2011
    Mean Joe Green, that's all I gots to say :thumbsup:[/quote:vhbj6nxo]

Counter-jab -- You misspelled Greene.(OK, bringing out the grammar police is a bit weak, but it is Joe)
    Not sure if I spelled 'misspelled' correctly. :hmmm:

Joe's agent, 'You can do a Pepsi commercial for free, or Coke will pay you to do theirs.'.
    Joe, 'Well, Pepsi is quite a bit better than that other swill, but it's my turn to buy goldfish for Frenchy's shoes. I better get paid.'.