1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Window is 99% Closed

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hardini68, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Hardini68

Hardini68 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2018
    Ben is getting old
    Defense and schemes are embarrassing
    Special teams a mess I give them F this year.
    Offense is vastly over rated/ maybe it’s play calling.
    Head coach although he says he’s responsible is anything but responsible.
    Total mis read of Bell for 2 years
    Failure to recognize secondary is that bad should not be acceptable
    And worst of all Cleveland on the rise fast, Raiders have 4 first round picks coming, Chiefs have Mahomes, Belichick and Brady still here Houston, Colts, Bills have stud QB and solid Defense. I ask what do we have to look forward to?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Bills have a stud QB??? You should probably tell Bills fans that because they don't realize it

3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I agree but if not us I hope the Cleveland Browns become kings of the AFC North.

Being a Pirate fan I am use to nothing to look forward to but the Steelers and Penguins always eased my pain. Now it could be tough times in the Burgh:(

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Trafalgar

Trafalgar Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2016
    I agree, the Steelers have woefully underperfomed their talent level since the last SB, they can't win the biggest games, and the have too many stupefyingly bad losses to take seriously as a SB contender. With a HC as good as someone like Pete Carroll, or I hate to say it BB, we'd have have won 2 more SB's at least. The 2nd half of our franchise QB's career has been wasted by sub-par HC'ing, 12 years in and MT still can't even manage a game, he brings literally zero to the table barring his degree in cod motivational speaking and psycho BS. The epitome of a man who talks a good game, I do not doubt his commitment, desire, carachter or work-ethic - but he is simply not and never was qualified to be a HC in the NFL.

A point I made early on in the season is that the Steelers are in danger of going down the Raiders path, unwilling to adapt to the NFL and break-away from the vaunted 'Steelers way'. The Raiders under Al Davis wasted at least 15 years by clinging onto 'The Raider way' for too long, they have never recovered. The Steelers are one the best organizations in the NFL, so were the Raiders many years ago. Do not think we are 'too good' to sink to their level if we don't change.

Adapt or die.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    So...What your saying is " There's still a chance "!:towel:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    I felt the window closed completely when we lost to jax last yr and after we lost to ne in the reg season. With a very easy schedule and injuries causing some games that would have been tough fairly easy like the GB game, that was the perfect opportunity for us to have home field advantage and get back to the sb.

7. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    When Ben retires, the franchise will fold like a house of cards. Will take several years of sucking before getting good again. Like many of you, I suffered through the tough years with Mark Malone and Bubby Brister.

AB will not hang around once Ben is gone. Love him to death, but he’s not gonna stick around with scrubs tossing him the biscuit. Trade will be demanded.

I have never understood why Mike Tomlin gets such high praise in the national media. At least goofball Bradshaw had the guts to spit the truth. He has sabotaged some serious talent during his years here. Screw a players coach. Need someone to instill some discipline in this flailing franchise.

8. Sun & Steel

Sun & Steel Active Member

Sep 6, 2017
    What the Steelers need is new and young blood DC, more in tune with the changing NFL, not another retread who has been in this system for years and not forced to adapt. That won't ever happen while Tomlin is here because he thinks he's some super defensive guru, when in reality if defensive schemes were a wet dream, Tomlin would bugger them up!!!