1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers will still have a chance to win the division…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Dec 26, 2021.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :rolleyes:

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

4. Marvology

Marvology Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Have the Steelers ever made the playoffs with help recently?

5. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Nope. Not since '89... IIRC, Steelers got some help to get into playoffs that year after going 9-7 and finishing 3rd in AFC Central.

6. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

7. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    the Jets had to beat the Bills in the 2015 finale. They lost and Steelers got in. Cincy choked the first playoff game and Peyton Manning beat them the next week.

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    I get what you mean. Do i believe this team is a super bowl contender or even a playoff team? No, i don´t. One and done is very obviously. i know its very unlikely, but sometimes in any kind of sports u get the cindarella story, from the worst underdog to Champion of the world. U just can find it out when u make it to the playoff. It´s Postseason, in Germany we call it Knock out games. Everything is possible.

Sometimes everyone gets sick of it all, and just wants to end the season, me too. Hope for more budget, more cape space, better draft potential and changes in coaching staff and everything gets better. But nah, for me this is no winner mentality and can kill an organisation. Winner mentality often beats better player, beats more budget. And at the end, it´s not the reason the players play this game for, the coaches coach this game for, the owner pay for and we fans finance, root and love the game for.

BTW, some more losses doesn´t guarantee you better players. I mean, KC and his coaching staff choosed Artie Burns and Terrell Edmunds in the first round, they traded up to get Devin Bush. Do u really think a slightly better spot gets u better player?

For one thing, I'll love my steelers fighting in January and seeing the rats and clowns on the couch. The offseason will be long enough again. I root for and u does :) HERE WE GO

• Like Like x 2
  9. steel_d_curtain

steel_d_curtain Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Why are People hot to trot for the Bangles? Who did they beat;

Pittsburgh 2 (who most here say are wet sh!t)

Jacksonville (wow)
    Detroit (wow)
    Denver barely (wow)
    Baltimore 3rd string qb) wow.

lost to the Bears and Jet, 49ers

bandwagon. Chase goes down this team is less than average. Cincinnati super bowl bound in in your wet dreams…

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    They probably watch the games

• Like Like x 1
  11. steel_d_curtain

Dec 20, 2011
    Well, they ain’t watching the games that were not against the Steelers. Cause if you did, you would know that they are mediocre. Oh, unless you’re listening to Boomers analysis.

12. steel_d_curtain

Dec 20, 2011
    Bangles will find some way, some how to sh!t the hell out of their bed. They are complete trash!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ok, this made no sense whatsoever.

14. truckin9999

truckin9999 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    If the Raiders, Chargers, and Patriots all win this weekend, the Steelers are eliminated from wildcard possibilities. If the Raiders, Chargers, Patriots, and Bengals all win this weekend, the Steelers are completely eliminated from the playoffs

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
  15. steel_d_curtain

Dec 20, 2011
    I don’t like this fear mongering bit…

If Miami, Raiders and Chargers lose 1 game and we win 2 we are going to the playoffs.

if we win 2 and Bangles lose 2 we win the North division and going to the playoffs…

16. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not even going to try to make sense out of your mad science comment and I'm not making a general comment about vaccinations. I am pointing out that players affect their teams by refusing it. Whether you like them or not, the league protocols make it harder for players to stay on the field if they refuse to be vaccinated. Aaron Rodgers cost his team a game this season. Now it looks like Carson Wentz will do the same thing. Unlike you, I'm talking about this purely from a football perspective.

It is inarguable among the sane that if the Colts have to go without their quarterback this week helps the Raiders, which makes Pittsburgh's slim hopes of making the playoffs that much slimmer.

17. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Pittsburgh Steelers deserve to miss the playoffs. Even if they did make it cause 4 other teams that had to make that possible squandered their opportunities, they would more than likely fall flat on their faces as they've done often so far this season.

18. steel_d_curtain

Dec 20, 2011
    Yeah let’s just cancel out the three wild card teams and everyone from the North division. My goodness people just don’t recognize the parity around the league.

better yet let’s just ban the 4 divisions in the AFC and the top 1-2 go to the playoffs. My goodness! Buffalo lost to Pittsburgh who you think stink and the Jags. I mean come on man

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

The Steelers have flopped to this point in the season. So many games they came into being unprepared and outmatched. It pains me to say they don't deserve the playoffs but I am also a realist and know that the game they play is not to the standards needed for a Championship run. Certainly not with this coaching staff and their lack of professionalism. More often than not they have played down right terrible this season. To win the Superbowl is beyond reach as far as I can see it personally and I don't care about participation trophies.

Maybe next year will be different who knows?

This doesn't change my fan status for the Steelers. I will always bleed Black N Gold. We really deserve better though.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The teams that make the playoffs deserve to be in the playoffs. The teams that don't, don't.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Brilliant

22. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    They did beat Tennessee and Buffalo and nearly equalled LA, which are all essentially playoff teams. Maybe those teams don't "deserve" to make the playoffs.

• Like Like x 2
  23. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Carson Wentz can come back and play Sunday for the Colts with the updated rules of unvaccinated or vaccinated players being able to return in 5 days now instead of 10. That’s a big deal because the Steelers really need the Colts to win that game over the Raiders and put them at 8 losses instead of 7 going into that final week.

24. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

This isn’t completely true.
    If the Bengals win, the Steelers can’t win the division, but WC possibles remain.
    But If the Raiders, Chargers,Pat and Bengals all win and even if Buf, Mia and Bal all win… the Steelers are still alive going for a WC into Week 18, but barely

25. steel_d_curtain

Dec 20, 2011
    Looking for a big Steelers weekend;

Steelers win big

indy over Raiders
    KC OVER Cin
    Ten over Miami

Hoping for Denver to upset Chargers
    Hoping for Jacksonville to upset New England ……..
    Hoping for Atlanta over Buffalo as well,.

So many scenarios keeps us alive just win.

we got this