1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers will still have a chance to win the division…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Dec 26, 2021.

1. SteelersGermany

SteelersGermany Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2021
    Yes it does. If you have the chance to Clinch the Division or get to the playoff u have to try it. We are the Steelers. Im sick of the talking let us lose out for 3 spots in the draft against divison rivals and thinks like this.
    We have Zero Chance for a super bowl run? Fine, stand up and take this chance and fight for it.
    And if it just means, the glorys pre season champions like bengals, browns, ravens are done.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    It’s what children do

3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Ouch! I could come kick you in the groin with my steel toe boots if you would like. Be a little less painful.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Steelers Browns game is a Wild Card Elimination game?

5. AtlSteel

AtlSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2021
    I completely agree with Joe Greene on this one - “I’ve always said, when I was playing, if we didn’t have the goods, I didn’t care to be in the playoffs. We weren’t getting that much of a check, and being in the playoffs just to get your tail whipped, that’s no fun. If you don’t have the goods, you don’t need to be there. I want to have an opportunity to go the distance,” Greene said. - Mueller: 'Mean' Joe's rebuke of Steelers stinging, accurate (msn.com)

6. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Dolphins winning last night against the Saints now adds another team and game the Steelers need to keep an eye on now. The 4 games to watch for wildcard purposes on Sunday now are

Raiders at Colts
    Dolphins at Titans
    Broncos at Chargers
    Rams at Ravens

The Steelers need the Colts, Titans, Broncos and the Rams to win in these 4 games. What the Ravens do in their game with the Rams is actually irrelevant to them now seeing that they play the Ravens the last game of the season. Even if the Ravens win and move to 9-7 and the Steelers win and go to 8-7-1 the Steelers would still have a chance to finish ahead of them with a win in that final game.

So what the Ravens do win or lose doesn’t really matter. The other 3 games Colts Raiders, Dolphins Titans, and Broncos Chargers are the main 3 games to keep an eye on for the last wildcard spot.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    :facepalm:

I could think of thousands of better ways to spend $5k. The Saints? Really? You should have just donated it to a good charity. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  8. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    or crushing the Saints. How the hell did the Saints beat TB?

9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    This got me thinking of the Bengals. The last time the Bengals won a Playoff game The Simpsons were in their first season. I'm convinced if the Bengals don't win their first Playoff game this year Cincinnati will be set on fire.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  10. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You forgot an important piece of this. Steelers have to beat the stains and rats to finish 2-0. That, by itself, seems like a pipe dream.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    How’s your lighter wallet feeling this morning?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    I'm thinking about starting my own GoFundMe with the title I'm not the Idiot, You are........Send me all the money you are going to throw away and I will make sure to build a really nice pool deck, er' I mean I have anxiety and need a cure.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I'm going 2 be embezzling from your fund.

14. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Go Fund Yourself!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    :roflmao::roflmao::lolol:

16. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The Bengals deserve to win the division. They have enough offense to win at least one game in the playoffs, if they show up like they did vs. Steelers both games.

Steelers have no business even sniffing a 7th seed playoff berth. Other 8-7 AFC teams will win enough in the final 2 games to keep Steelers out, thankfully and mercifully.

17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    How’d that work out?

18. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I hate to say it but the Bengals have a very good chance of going to and winning the Superbowl. They are the healthiest team out there right now and are performing at a very high level both offensively and defensively. They also have one heck of a field goal kicker. I honestly believe they are going to beat KC soundly this coming week to win the division. Burrow is the real deal and he has some serious talent around him everywhere. Wouldn't surprise me if they win a couple of Championships before the Steelers even win their next playoff game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    F**k a deserves. LoL.
    I don't know if We make the playoffs, or not. I do know .....I DESERVE....the Steelers beating both the browns, and the ravens as My season ending conciliation prize though. That will make Me happy till next year. :thumbs_up:

• Like Like x 1
  20. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    The whole deserves crap is B.S. either you make it or you don’t.

• Like Like x 1
  21. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

It would seem so. I look at two sites, playoffstatus.com and 538.

playoffstatus say the Steelers aren’t eliminated with just one loss, but doesn’t explain it.

538.com let’s you interact and I can’t come up with a scenario where the 8-8-1 Steelers get it. But it’s possible a tie or more likely a series of ties in other AFC games may ‘activate’ some favorable tiebreakers for them. But if they lose on MNF and need to beat Bal and a tie or two to get in, that’s close enough to elimination for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    5 smackers on the Aint's? upload_2021-12-28_11-12-34.png

• Like Like x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    You guys keep responding to me like we play for the team. When I say it doesn’t matter, I’m just pointing out the obvious that this team is not going to the SB and very likely will be one and done. Of course, I don’t even think we will get to the playoffs but I’ll still be there rooting for them each week like I have all season. Hell, I’ve started half of the game day threads.

But with each win they only hurt their chances of getting a better player, sorry that practical view rubs some the wrong way. That’s not the same as saying they should tank but losing out wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world.

Some of you guys kill me with the rah rah stuff.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  24. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Steelers’ chances took a hit today with Carson Wentz going on the COVID list. The idiot is not vaccinated, so he is very likely to miss week 17 against the Raiders.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  25. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Lots of vaccinated people out there are getting Covid and many of them are dying as well. It is very debatable that Natural immunity is still stronger than the jab. I guess I'm an idiot too though cause I don't trust the mad scientist who twice asked about the gain of function for this pandemic back in March of 2020. I will be done with this topic now.

Also, the Steelers chances took a hit way before we had to rely on other teams help to try and make the playoffs.:rolleyes:

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1