1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers will still have a chance to win the division…

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Dec 26, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Does it really matter? There is zero chance of them winning a playoff game, zero chance of getting to the SB, zero chance of them winning the SB.

This team has gotten their ass kicked by every good team they have faced, minus the Bills.

They need to bring in a new OC and DC and invest heavily in the line via free agency this offseason. Do what the Patriots did for their defense but for the o-line instead.

Still will need a QB after that but it’s a good start.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I should have used green font, sorry. Of course, no teams deliberately loses but the Clowns play as though it SEEMS that way. Thanks.

3. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    I have a pig who lays golden eggs too

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm not sure how, but the Steelers actually did a decent job against Chubb in Cleveland. The reason people seem optimistic about the Steelers at least doing their part the next two weeks is that they beat the Browns and Ravens already. Also, the Ravens are an absolute mess right now.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea I agree with this That game a few years back in 2018 was very close with the Browns and Ravens and there is no reason not to believe that a game with the Bengals and Browns with the division on the line wouldn’t be close either. Not saying the Browns would win or anything but it will be a good game that will most likely come down to the 4th quarter. If the Steelers do win out and still don’t get in from not getting enough help they will have nobody to blame but themselves. They made this bed and they need to lay in it if things don’t go their way.

6. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    Yea I like their chances of winning the next 2 games. I just don’t see Ben losing to the Browns this time around in his potential final home game unless the Steelers would win the division and get a home playoff game. And as you said the Ravens are a hot mess right now so who knows who their QB will be that last week. So as I’ve pointed out on here numerous times I think 9-7-1 will get them in either winning the division or as the 7 seed for the wildcard. I do think the Steelers will get just enough help with these other teams like the Bengals, Chargers and Raiders losing just enough to help push the Steelers in.

7. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    I feel like so many years have ended with us needing other teams to lose for us to sneak in only to end up 1 and done faster than you can say "Peyton Manning."

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Getting in the playoffs matters. Right now the Titans hold the No. 2 seed. If the Steelers can get a little healthier, they might be able to beat Tennessee again. They would have absolutely no shot against the Chiefs or Bengals.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Exactly what a troll does

10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    In anything competitive Winning as much as You can matters. IMO. Losing can become a cancer.
    In anything competitive I've ever done, or seen done . I can't ever remember a. Wow glad I lost that one, or Man glad they lost that one.
    Otherwise 12 other teams should just lose out. Only 2 are going 2 the SB, and only one will win.
    I'm sure you know this ,and are just trying 2 keep from having your hopes smashed. :thumbs_up:
    Won't matter. We will win out in the regular season. :thumbs_up:
    Plus ....sweeping the browns, and the ravens will make me feel a whole lot better ;)

11. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019

Hey Blast.

I have always had respect for you and your stances here on The Board. However, I have to disagree with your quote:

“Does it really matter?” as it pertains to us making it to the playoffs.

Again, as I posted earlier today, I wait a whole year, like most of us here, in anticipation of Steelers’ football. Yes, I know the current “Product” is playing well below an acceptable line of performance. However, when this season does end, we will reflect back on it and then move forward, running the same course of events like every other year. As it is said, football is an all-year round sport for the players and us too as fans. We will follow in sequential order:

• Free Agency

• The Draft

• Spring OTAs

• Training Camp

• Pre-Season

Once all of those items are completed, kick-off comes for the regular season and we will be back with the same hopes and aspirations like every year and that is to become “Crowned” Champions of the World. At least this is my timeline of Steelers’ Fandom (smile).

Now I do whole-heartedly agree with this part of your post:

“They need to bring in a new OC and DC and invest heavily in the line via free agency this offseason.”

I am 100% down with you on that. However, until the scoreboard’s clock reads 0:00 on our final game, whenever that may be, I will continue to cling onto my annual goal, of again, being “Crowned” Champions of the World.

Take care.

STEELWINDS The East Side Kid

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  12. steel_ben7

Nov 16, 2015
    They would also get a home game as well if they win the division which I would at least give them a chance in seeing there has been some Heinz Field magic going on in some of these last few wins and the Steelers are 5-0-1 in their last 6 games at Heinz Field and haven’t lost a game there in over 3 months. So I’m with you it matters getting in because you can always win one game and then you just never know what can happen after that.

13. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Why does it matter? I mean, yeah, they have already lost any shot at a high draft pick but all they are doing is continuing to lose draft capital.

I’m not advocating they tank, I’ll still be rooting for them to win but it absolutely does not matter. This team has no chance to go anywhere. None.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    How many times have we heard about how long it has been since the Steelers won a playoff game? It matters for a number of reasons. Winning is important to the culture of an organization. It also makes the team look more attractive to free agents. Given everything that has gone wrong, getting to the playoffs and possibly stealing even one game would be a positive for the organization.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m talking about us fans, the threads predicting division titles and all the rest. My point is they aren’t going anywhere.

16. Coolhandluke23

Coolhandluke23 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2021
    Dolphins are losing tonight.

17. Coolhandluke23

Coolhandluke23 Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2021
  18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I'm confused. Do you mean the team shouldn't be worried about it or the fans shouldn't care if they get into the playoffs? No, the team doesn't have to worry about the fans going anywhere, but I would certainly rather see them beat two rivals and get into the playoffs, even if it does ultimately lead to a loss in the wild card or divisional round.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I hope for your sake that you didn't put that much money on a team with Ian Book starting at quarterback.

20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I’m saying all this talk about making the playoffs as if they will actually advance to the SB.

21. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    Nothing is a super bowl for Ben or the Steelers except a Super Bowl. Don’t type dumb stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
    I’m talking about myself in order to have any interest in watching the game. Don’t type dumb stuff

23. RockyBleier

Sep 11, 2015
    If that’s the kind of fantasy it takes for you to watch a game. You’re not a steeler fan. Don’t type anything.

24. WNYFAN

WNYFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2020
    Thanks for letting me know what kind of fan I am.

25. RockyBleier

Sep 11, 2015
    You’re welcome and shhhhhh.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2