1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers will run the table

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by colsteveaustin, Nov 7, 2011.

1. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    I would still like to know what makes ANYONE think that 11-5 will merit the 5th or even 6th seed??!! This year is going to be tremendously competitive when it comes to playoff spots, and I just can't see the Steelers - at 11-5 - necessarily getting in. I think 12-4 will be needed to guarantee a spot.

2. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    11-5 will make the playoff, I guarantee it. Let look a this,
    - The Best record in the AFCW is 4-4, whoever is in 2nd place will be lucky to be better than 10-6
    - The 2nd palnce tean in the AFCS is TN at 4-4, they play HOU, NO, atBuf, at Atl, are they going 11-5? I doubt it.
    - Buf, NE, NYJ are 5-3, they all have to play each other once more, so that likely give 2 of these team 4 loses, are two fo these guys going 6-2 or better the rest of the way?
    - Cincy plays Bal and Pit twice,

I suppose it's not statistically impossible, but I sure can't see how 5 teams in the AFCE and AFCN will end up 11-5 or better, leaving one out of the playoffs.

3. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Last 10!

4. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I agree with all of your post except we shock the 49ers.We won't shock them because we are suppose to beat them.We missed out on one brothers team but we will definitely get the other. :herewego!:

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Who the heck is on that list that can't beat us??? Come on man, I've seen several major upsets around the league this season and you are going to say that the Steelers and their inconsistent play is above losing any of their remaining games? 2 more losses wouldn't surprise me at all.

6. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Two losses, at most. The Steelers are known for peaking at the right time and running crazy win streaks at the end of the season to get to the playoffs. This team just plays better with their backs against the wall.