1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers will run the table

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by colsteveaustin, Nov 7, 2011.

1. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Yes.I said it.The Steelers will win the remainder of their games.Our season starts in Cinci this Sunday!! We will come out these last seven games with a new focus and fire.We are a very proud organization that is pissed right now,and should be.I'm not overlooking anyone left on our schedule.Cinci twice(tough,but we win)Clowns twice(we win) KC(closer than we think,but we win) St. Louis(win) and SF(we go there and shock them).I love the Steelers!I know we can do this.We are all very upset right now,I know I'm still pissed off.Something deep down tells me,Our Steelers are not done yet.What does everyone think about this prediction?Can we do it?Will we do it? Let's go Steelers!! NEW SEASON STARTS SUNDAY AT CINCI. Here We Go Steelers Here We Go :herewego!:

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We very well might because we have so much talent, but I guarantee almost all of the games will be ugly wins. Ever since Arians came to town, every win we've had has been ugly. For 5 years now we've had to watch the Steelers let bad teams stick around only to almost win the game at the end. Our offence has been garbage for years now and despite us having perhaps the best receivers in the league, it's still mediocre at best. Long drives that result in FG's don't win games, TD's win games, and we don't get enough TD's. I'm tired of this pass happy BS. Run the ****ing ball when the situation calls for it. Every other damn passing team in the league knows how to run the ball, and most of them don't have a RB who was drafted in the 1st round.

ps. Sorry for the language, but this loss makes me more angry than any other loss I can remember in the past few years. We had no business losing this game. Despite William Gay being his typical pathetic self, if it wasn't for bad coaching, we would have won.

3. colsteveaustin

Oct 17, 2011
    Your right on all fronts.We should have won the game.Bad playcalling,Bad execution,Bad Coaching,etc . This loss really stings.I have'nt been this upset about a regular season game in a long time.We need to finish strong. I think were going to do it. GO STEELERS!!

4. jnico6

jnico6 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Cmom, please be serious. 5-2 at best.

5. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I think 12-4 will be were we're at come playoff time. While we have the talent to be the best in the AFC, we clearly don't display it on a consistent basis. We'll probably lose to the Bengals once, and suffer through some ugly victories and a blowout or two to raise our hopes. If we lose more than 2 games the rest of the way I'll be pretty pissed.

6. Concussion

Concussion Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Is that you pimply dan?

7. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    :clapping: :flag:

8. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    who the hel are the two teams left that will beat us

9. colsteveaustin

Oct 17, 2011
    The Steelers will win out starting Sunday! Anybody can beat anybody in Todays NFL.I just think our boys are not done just yet.They will"right the ship" and get on a roll.(gut feeling) GO STEELERS!!

10. colsteveaustin

Oct 17, 2011
    Sorry.I did'nt mean to double post.

11. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree that they have a good a chance to do so, there would just be more believers if Smith didn't make that catch.

San Fran isn't going to run the table. Most likely lose to Giants this week. KC doesn't look as intimidating this week as they did last week. Dalton's a rookie, we shall see what Cincy has to offer. Rams suck. Browns suck. Steelers biggest opponent is themselves. Beat Cincy, get healthy during the bye and put together a run. 13-3 will take the division. Rats may split with Cincy and lose to either 49ers or Chargers. Don't laugh, but the Colts will play Baltimore tough, maybe Peyton's back by then??? 12-4 will be a wildcard, but a very tough road. Been done 3 times since 05. Nothing's impossible.

12. Ronak

Ronak Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Red-zone playcalling on Offense. Late games with a lead playcalling on Offense. Third down defense. Late game defense.

These are our problems. How much of it is coaching, and how much is personnel? I believe most of the Offense issues are play-calling. I believe most of the Defense issues are personnel. We hold the defense to a very high standard here, but consider for a moment how many starters are out on Defense.

13. colsteveaustin

Oct 17, 2011
    I agree.I really think we will be fine.It starts Sunday.A win and the bye-week to get healthy.We can and will get on a roll.Hold on,The ride is going to be a wild one. GO STEELERS!

14. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I think Cincy and the SF could beat us. Maybe I'm still completely pissed off about last night but...

15. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    just give me a repeat of 05 - winning out after being written off and then win 3 road playoff games - and i'll be happy on Feb 5th :yeehaw:

16. one4theotherthumb

one4theotherthumb Active Member

Oct 30, 2011
    I'll go on a limb and predict a Ravens loss against the Chargers, Bengals and 49ers. Not that I think the 49ers are all that great but a Hairball vs. Hairball match-up is bound to produce surprises.

Bungels will lose one against us, one against the Rats, Texans and Cards

We will lose one against the Bungels.

:flag:

17. rutan74

rutan74 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I thought this thread was a joke until I read your post.

As Keith Jackson said, "Whoaaaaaaa Nelly!"

Sorry, you are delusional. Maybe the towel is wrapped to tightly around your neck restricting blood flow to your brain?

No way are the Steelers going to run the table. And why oh why is it always after a bad loss that the Steelers are now really, really pissed that we will now see the real Steelers show up?

If the Ravens aren't motivation enough, then the team is in more trouble than anyone thought. One would have thought, that after getting your ass kicked on national tv week one would have been enough of a motivation to not get your ass kicked again, at home on national tv. But clearly, in your mind, the Steelers become more motivated at the likes of the Bengals, Browns and Girl Scouts. Count it as a success if we finish 10-6.

rutan

18. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I will be happy with 5 and 2. This will get us in the playoffs.
    There is a logjam in the AFC. I hope we can get into the playoffs.

19. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    You really think we're safe for the playoffs at 11-5? Personally I think this is going to be a very competitive year for playoff spots. 13-3 might or might not win the division, but I think that it may take 12-4 to get into the playoffs.

20. colsteveaustin

Oct 17, 2011
    Rutan-Your entitled to your opinion,Just like I'm entitled to mine.We will win our last 7 games. :herewego!:

21. Sixpack

Sixpack Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I am always amazed at some of these prediction...sorry but i can even see us losing to the clowns. Didnt we struggle with the winless colts? WE had a lot to prove on Sunday and didn't show up, again! Injuries are part of the game and I don't buy into the notion of wait till we get healthy. Wasn't everyone healthy wk 1? We are getting out coached and quite frankly we need upgrades in the secondary as a start.....

22. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Nah, we'll be fine. I don't expect us to run the table, but it's not as dire as some are portraying it to be. We suffered a tough loss, and it still hurts, but we'll be back. I imagine next Monday we'll all be back on top of the world. :thumbs_up:

23. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    :this!: I do not think it is dire, but I also don't think we can afford more than one more loss. I personally think the Steelers CAN run the table. I just don't know if they will. Sunday's game was hard fought, and we got bitten by our nemesis of the last 4 or 5 years - the last minute drive. There's lots to be fixed, but 13-3 is not out of the question.

24. shamyhay

shamyhay Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I said in an earlier post that 10-6 might not get us in the playoffs. But....

the Steelers could run the table. We are usually a slow starting team (anybody know what our record is in the first 8 games as opposed to the last 8 games for the last 5 years?), and with the lockout this year, I think it hurt a veteran team like this.

25. jnico6

jnico6 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    we will lose once to Cincy and at SF. Finish 11-5 and get the 5th seed.