1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers want Bell for life

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Feb 15, 2018.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    So they would have play a week later at the same place it wasn't like we played @ Jax we played at home. Yes if we play that game there will be a different out come, the same can be said about the Super Bowl or any game. My point is losing to the Pats had nothing to do with the jax except one thing we might have played the Pats in the AFCCG instead of the Jags in the divisional round. Of course who is to say we beat Tenn??????

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They would've smoked Tenn just like they did earlier in the season.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    So then we really weren' that good if we had to avoid people? Wouldn't have mattered if ne played jax because they beat them

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    So using your logic it wouldn't have mattered when we played the Jagoffs cause A we would of lost and B we would have had turn overs.........just like we did earlier in the season. Se how that came back to bite you in the butt. You can't pick and choose.......:facepalm:

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Dude forget it, you don't get it :facepalm:.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Id say more dismay that you could blame the defense while giving the offense a pass :shrug:

You argue that the defense gave up the go ahead score with under 2 minutes to play, yet the offense had the ball in the redzone and couldnt put it in the end zone to win the game.

Jags and Eagles gave up a ton of points, Steelers gave up 27. Defense played a good game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    Yeah but the eagles defense made a play when needed. They lose that game if they don't force Brady to fumble and if they don't stop ne from scoring 5 out of their 11 possession which 2 of them were 4th down stops.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Eagles D played like crap, made a crucial stop at the right time. Steelers D played good and failed to make a crucial stop. Had their offense showed up like the Eagles, that stop never would have been necessary. Game wouldn't have been close.

9. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    The defense did play a good game right up until the last drive where they left the Pats go right down the field and score. Up until that point they both did what they were suppose to do both offense and defense. We were up 5 and the game in the defense hands and they couldn't close it out(with help from the coaching staff) so yeah I blame the defense. I also blame the offense for that pitiful display on the series before the Pats got the ball all we need there was a first down. Let's not forget the Pats did hold teams to 24 or under points in 12 of their games, it's not like we are talking about the worst ranked defense.

For the record I was not the one who posted blame another poster said the offense lost that game I disagreed. Both get a lot of blame along with the coaching but I am not putting the blame on the offense when the defense was given the lead and a long field to bring it home.

10. FootballAnalyst98

Jan 23, 2018
    What? They held ne scoreless on 5 out of their 11 possessions. Overtime the defense wore down and got tired. Eventually 1st ballot hall of famer like Brady and gronk are going to score lol you expected to THEM shut them down the ENTIRE GAME? but when it mattered most they made the stop. Just like how in the 2012 sb the ravens were shutting the 49ers down then they made a cone back but in the end their defense made the stop when needed. And lol had the offense showed up like philly's lol what? Philly just like pitt lost the lead in the 4th qtr... difference was their defense showed up in clutch time while this defense wet the bed completely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Oh I see, so Eagles arent expected to keep them down but we give up less points, hold the lead all the way until the last 2 minutes of the game and its inexcusable to let 1st ballot HOF Brady to score. Got it.

And yes, Philly scored 41 points, we scored 24. Do the math.

There was no OT

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Now with Bell reportedly set to sign the franchise tag, do you think the steelers could perhaps do a sign and trade with him if they know they won't hit his magic # he is asking for?
    I wouldn't be against a sign and trade either.. Maybe look into a trade with the Giants for their pick as well?? Something like....

Giants Trade:
    2nd Overall Pick
    and one of the following three: Elvin Engram (TE), Landon Collins (SS) or Janoris Jenkins (CB)

Steelers Trade:
    Leveon Bell
    Steelers 1st rd pick

and if they want a 5th I will throw that in there..

Then with the #2 pick we go after Barkley from Penn St.

13. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    If they put the exclusive tag on him again they cant trade him...........

14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    The clowns are going to draft him #1

15. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Not until Bell signs it and I am sure if we tried to trade him he wouldn't sign it to jerk everyone around. The tag and trade thing is a good idea only if Bell signs it and he don't have to sign it till when he wants and no team is gonna wait for him to sign it right?

16. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I dont know what your point is NY, if we ex tag him there is no trade possibilities, if go with the non X tag he would be able to negotiate with other teams to get that contract he wants, it would be in his best interest to sign a non X tag right away..........

17. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah I quoted the wrong guy on accident this is why I hate using my phone, you said the same thing I was trying to say to Chuckie he was talking about tagging Bell and trading......sorry

18. chuckie_os

chuckie_os Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    over QB???? or do they pursue QB in FA??
    I would only do the Giants trade, IF the Clowns weren't drafting barkley..

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    They have picks 1 & 4, they can take Barkley and then a QB 3 spots later.

Giants may take a QB but Colts wont. Not unless they think Luck cant play anymore.

That would still leave Browns with good choices to grab a QB at 4.