1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers want Bell for life

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Feb 15, 2018.

1. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Eli who?

2. Bradydaphonedestroyer

Bradydaphonedestroyer Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2017

How many eli s are there that can beat the deflators ?

3. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    Four more years would be "life" IMO. RB`s burn out quick.

4. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I really can see both sides to the sign Bell/don't sign Bell talks. However I am still on the side of sign him. I don't care what a lot of people say we are very close and will remain very close as long as Ben is here. Keeping Ben, Bell and AB the next 2-3 years we have a top player at their positions. We also have supporting cast second to none around them on offense. Now the D needs help but imo only a little when it comes to players, S and ILB and this has been said over and over. The other area we need help in is coaching and what I mean is we need to call better games using the talent we have. For example less zone, more bump and run.

Signing Bell we still can fix the D we will have the money and fixing the coaching will not cost a penny. Speaking of Penny draft that kid as a back up to Bell if something were to happen, unlike what we did last year. Nothing against Conner he just isn't the same style runner as Bell, or draft a RB who is more of a pass catcher to pair with Conner in case of the "what if" with Bell. jmo

6. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Eli Wood? I mean, after all, he destroyed The One Ring and conquered Sauron.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    To pay Bell his asking price is crazy just like Brooks said.

• Agree Agree x 5
  8. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Fixed it for you

9. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    It would be easier to get rid of LevBell if we had guys behind him that could pick up the slack, but we clearly don't.

10. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    For the money Bell wants I would risk using Connor and pick up an all purpose back in the draft. Our offense is good all around and can continue to be great with our without Bell. We need help on defense as well and even moreso then offense.

11. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
  12. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I get where people are coming from and this article brings up some good points but it also leaves out some. How about what the stats don't show, you know only needing one guy to fill a position that most teams use 2 to fill. Take for example the Saints while Kamara had a good season he is the pass catcher and Ingram is the runner. Not every play but you know when one is in you probably lean one way. You don't have that with Bell you don't know if he is running receiving or blocking or blocking then sliding out which is the biggest part of his game cause Ben loves that. That also leads up to another point this article don't point out, who ya gonna double....Bell....AB...MB....Juju??? Having a weapon like this that can run and catch is major to the other weapons on this team. One last point about stats, yeah they pointed out the lack of big runs or long plays but look at the totals they are up there with the league leaders. Don't turn around and say it is cause the number of touches cause them you are making an even bigger point for me. He had more touches ok so then he is dependable :smiley1:

The bottom line is this we have 2 good years of Ben left and them when Ben is gone so will our salary problems and our chance at winning. Before tuitt restructured his deal we had 26 mil wrapped up in DE's guys if our D is so bad why are we paying them that much, can't we suck with cheaper ends???? We are spending 174.5 mil on payroll the D is at 81.7 the O without Bell is at 94.6 mil, for our D to suck this bad we are sure spending a lot of money there...........let's spend more:hmm:

14. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    You don't want him running against you 2 or 3 times a year or against you for a playoff

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    He is the best back in the league with his receiver skills and his blocking abilities,no question about that!But even the best product of anything you always have a cut off point of what you pay for that product!We will pay him a lot more than any back in the league is getting paid which is fair.His demands for the contract he wants is too much for us with the holes we have to fill on defense!He will get more than we will pay with some team like the Jets or comparable!If the little more(in N.F.L. terms) is worth it to him more than a chance to be part of Super Bowl winning team let him go.Love seeing him there in our backfield but team is more important than individual stars!Personally my thought is if we can’t sign him to a long term deal we franchise him again and get one peak year out of the three he probably has left as a backs best years are limited unlike the qb position which lasts much longer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Correction:part of a Super Bowl contending team!!!

17. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Why the F is he worth twice as much as highest paid back? AB got paid, to become the highest paid WR at the time. Pgh would easily agree to that, but Bell is out of his mind. I guess he is successfully dodging drug tests, with this thinking. They should pay him no more than $10 mill a year. Freeman is making $8.5. I want to reiterate what I said earlier: through free agency and the draft, we can be good enough at RB to contend, while bolstering the weak D.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    A back like josh adams notre dame 6-2 225, he had 1430 yards on 206 attempts a 6.9 yard average with 9 TDs in 2017 and had good production as a freshman and sophmore, a solid pass and run blocker he might be a 2 or 3 round pick some scouts compare him to eric dickerson and others compare him to Matt Forte I think he would pair up nicely with connor of course we need to see more from connor before we can evaluate him as a keeper or a bust....

Last edited: Feb 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017

I'd be fine with not signing Bell for twice as the highest paid back and draft Adams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    One of these guys would fill in nicely. F Bell and his greed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Very true Diamond. We dont know what we have yet in Connor.. It's too early. I really like Josh Adams. Good damn pick !!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I tend to agree. I'm sick of Bell's act! Let's move on. Place the non-exclusive franchise tag on him, hope some team loses its mind and signs him, giving us two first round draft picks. If not, run his wheels off next season and let him move on. I hope we don't break the bank for him. He isn't worth nearly double what the next highest paid running back receives!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    This draft is loaded at running back so why pay Bell over 60 mill to stay here, get some young fresh legs in this draft who will only make 15-20 mill on a 4 year contract.......

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Would be a horrible mistake to break the bank for Bell.

15M a year? 100M contract? No way.

I have faith in our passing attack and Oline to keep the run game respectable.

Conner looked good in action. Go get a receiving threat out of the backfield.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    I would be happy to get a single 1 pick for him hopefully a top 10 pick, we could get a ILB and a safety in the 1st round and we could go either safety or backer first and draft a top 5 back at 28, then safety or backer in the second round, I just hope to god they dont put the exclusive tag on him again because he isnt as valuable as Art thinks he is......

• Agree Agree x 1