1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Titans Official Gameday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Oct 25, 2020.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Like most analogies, spot-on.:cautious: o_O :scratch: :confused:

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

• Like Like x 2
  3. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I`m still drinking beer trying to recover from this win, LOL.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Imagine if they'd lost...

• Like Like x 1
  5. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Fact is both the end of half and next to last possession throws were bad choices by Ben. He got greedy both times. The way Boz has been kicking, you take the six points. It means that Tennessee gets the ball back with just over two minutes remaining, one T.O. (I think) and down by two possessions. They are basically dead in the water. Bad situational football and that sits squarely on Ben. He knows better.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Ultimately you and Ray are correct. I just cannot root for Tom Brady other than if they were playing a team in week 17 that needed to lose to get the Steelers in the playoffs.

7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Drinking alone is a bad sign. I’ll have one so it’s just two people enjoying a drink together.

:drinks:

8. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Exactly. The Steelers beat a very good team on the road. I don't think they can get away with a crappy second half like this one next week, but they are 6-0 with consecutive victories over teams with a combined record of 10-3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Both teams got their share of lucky breaks. The Titans had the tipped pass for a completion to set up their first touchdown. They got a good bounce on Tannehill's fumble. Roethlisberger's second interception was a ball tipped at the line. Those had little to do with skill on either team. Those were just good bounces of the ball that went the Titans' way.

Sure, the missed field goal was a great lucky break, but that was poor execution by the Titans. Tennessee got those types of break, too, such as the dropped touchdown by Johnson.

When you consider how both teams got some breaks, the result sure seems to represent the Steelers being the better team.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    He was forcing the ball to his receivers all game. He tried to pitch/toss/shovel the ball backwards to JC on a busted play that only JC's athleticism kept from being 6 points for TN. He threw a screen to McFarland with no separation that could have ended up a turnover or injury. He was off on a number of throws and had more tipped passes than I can remember. Ben was terrible with decision making all game.

And yet, he was instrumental in the win. He extended plays and made some quality throws.

This was a very very strange game. And this was a game we lost in the past.

This team. There's something special with this team. They look out of sync and grind their gears a lot. But damned if they don't look like a team of destiny. Bad luck, bad officiating, bad execution, bad decisons, and bad coaching. None of that is enough to keep us from winning. Definitely not a recipe for long-term success, but it's worked so far.

:herewego:

11. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    The Steelers were the better team today because they outpaced their mistakes.

12. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
  13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Johnson said he was fine after the game. He was actually back on the field for Roethlisberger's third interception. In fact, that is exactly where Roethlisberger should have thrown the ball on that play. Johnson was open underneath. Johnson was open on the short route going let to right, and he had room to run. At worst, he gets tackled in the field of play, and either the clock keeps running or the Titans burn a time out. In that case, the Steelers kick the field goal to push the lead to six.

I was just watching the game again, and I realize I was unfair to Johnson on the ball that went off his hands in the end zone in the second quarter. If you watch the replay, you can see that Butler hit Johnson's left hand as he was trying to bring it up. That's why Johnson's hand wasn't in the right position, and the ball bounced off it. It would be a hell of an ask for an official to make that call, but Butler got away with interference there. That wasn't Johnson's fault at all.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020