1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs. Redskins Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Oct 28, 2012.

1. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    C'mon TTF put a Steeler helmet on that Bee LOL! Kidding man. Good job !

2. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Watched the game at a bar within walking distance from my house. One bears fan, one lions fan and the rest Steeler fans. Owners are from Summerset. They have a section for other fans and two guys were there. Had about 6 tv's on the Steeler game

3. BigSteel

BigSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Why? What does that do for the steelers?

4. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Nothing but youre not from pgh are you? Lol

5. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Nothing for the team but it makes us Steeler fans who live in central Pa happy because we're surrounded by Eagle faithful and they're obnoxious as hell.

6. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    REALLY happy with what I saw today- especially offensively - and the throwbacks weren't as bad as I anticipated :)

7. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    While we're on the topic of feeding off other teams' misery ... Chokers lost 6-7 to the freaking Browns, Jets got crushed by the Fins :roflmao:

And to make it even better, Romo threw his 2nd pick of the 1st quarter :good:

8. Steeldefense08

Steeldefense08 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    They are reporting that Wood got hurt again but didn't say if it was his hammy.

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It was. Right hamstring was reported earlier.

10. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Cool fact I just read: Steelers are the 1st franchise to register 400 regular season wins since the AFL-NFL merger. Now 400-253-2 since 1970. Miami 2nd at 389 wins.

11. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    He was probably reciting numbers. He does so like doing that.

12. Thigpen82

Oct 17, 2011

HERE WE GO!!! :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :yeehaw: :herewego: :herewego: :herewego:

13. Thigpen82

Oct 17, 2011
    Agree on all points.

Had to watch the game on catch up so couldn't post during the gameday thread, but I see little to be disappointed in other than the by-now-standard injury list.

14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    The Bad News Bees won and the Chokers lost! A very good Sunday indeed! :towel:

15. SteelAGirl

SteelAGirl Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yay!!! Thank you

16. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I read a lot of posts by people saying they were surprised by this. Why? He showboats every single chance he gets, and has done so his whole career. The only reason it's not more known about is that he's only got like 4 career touchdowns. For awhile I thought he was slowing down with that, and I assumed he'd gotten an earful from the coaches, but clearly that's not the case. Lots of guys do a fancy first down dance instead of going back to the huddle (even in a hurry-up, because hey, that's what's most important), and that bugs me. But Brown is the only guy on our team that consistently deliberately taunts opposing players and/or showboats some other way when he has a good play, even if it's not a score. The fan base loves him for other reasons (rightly so and I do too) but I'm a little sick of the talk that he's all about the team and Wallace is all about himself, when you'd never know it from the way they behave on the field. I know, I know, the money thing. Brown took $42 million after one season of starting part time, and it makes him a team-first saint. :roll:

17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I am very surprised because Antonio at least projects an image of a humble hard working individual. I did not mean I am surprised because he never does it. He has been doing it more as of late which again disappoints me greatly because of the feeling that I have for him as a humble professional.

When he does stuff like that he just looks like a bush leaguer.

Bman

18. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    What he did today was pretty distasteful, much worse then the normal stuff you are referring to. The reason I am surprised by his actions is because you'd never expect that type of behavior from him when you see him in interviews, he always comes across as a respectful mature kid. What he did today falls into the class of Jackson from the Eagles and I hate him and I like Brown, so I hope he knocks that crap off.

19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    EXACTLY

20. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Hard working? Sure. Humble? Regardless of what you see in interviews, there's no denying what's on the tape. Running backwards, pointing at opponents, doing flips, talking at opponents... If he's humble in interviews, is there any denying it's an act? Or is he only humble off the field? And if he is, does that mean anything?

Everybody says he's the hardest working player on the team. But he's been taunting opponents for as long as he's been here. He's gotten away with a few that should have been called.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Define taunting? Because before today the only thing I recall that he does that is mildly aggravating is doing the Holmes first down thing. I certainly don't consider that taunting. What he did today is taunting. And no, I don't even remotely think he's phony.

22. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I wasn't aware that running backwards into the endzone was an automatic taunting penalty. Anyone else unaware of that?

23. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    Define taunting? Because before today the only thing I recall that he does that is mildly aggravating is doing the Holmes first down thing. I certainly don't consider that taunting. What he did today is taunting. And no, I don't even remotely think he's phony.[/quote:34s3gw5u]
    He did it the first play he ever set foot on the field, on his kickoff reverse TD against Tennessee. Danced his way to the end zone and flipped in. Again against Tennessee last year, after a 30- or 40-something yard kickoff return. Held the ball out in the face of the guy pushing him out of bounds (that one doesn't even make sense if you think about it). Again today. Those are just off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are more, especially if you count things that are more like indirect taunting, like his flip into the end zone against Indy in the preseason. If he's not a phony, then I guess he becomes a different person when he's playing football, Batman style. But I thought when he was playing football is what we were judging him on.

24. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    I seem to remember some guy on the Vikings (Rudd maybe?) taunting Edgar Bennett that way back in the 90s after a fumble return. But he may have also been holding out the ball. Not sure. My memory's not what it used to be.

25. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    lol, yeah I'm not so sure the refs didn't make that one up but it was still pretty classless of Brown. Emulate Heath, kid, that's how you do it.