1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Ravens Official GameDay Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He was decent against a team sitting half of its starters today. He showed some of his old flaws late in the first half. He often fails to feel the pass rush around him and sometimes stands there too long. He recovered to make a fantastic throw on the touchdown to Johnson. There is no question he should start if they make the playoffs. If they do re-sign him, it is to compete for the job next season, not have it handed to him.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Utpittsburghfan

Utpittsburghfan Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2018

That would be my guess…non clinical people can get confused on those things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Totally agree, but it's facts. Most teams are afraid of attacking those styles of Qbs, but Tomlin has show how You beat them over, and over....Lamar, Cam, Watson. We only have one loss period against all 3 added together.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    "You anti-dentite bastard!" (Seinfeld)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Falcons, Browns, and Ravens. Solid player at Pitt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Didn't read after half the starters part. You do know it's virtually impossible to play in the NFL with half Your starter not playing any snaps. I figured You would know this.

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Nobody said Rudolph sucked in any game this season, but have fun whacking away at that straw man.

Aside from one play early and the drive before the half, Rudolph did what they needed him to do today. He took care of the ball and made a few clutch throws. He did force one that the safety dropped on the first drive and the fumbles on the last drive of the first half were ugly, but he more than made up for it with a hell of a throw to Johnson for the winning touchdown.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They sat four starters on offense and three on defense for the entire game, then pulled others as the game went on. My apologies if the hyperbole bothered you, but this was not the Ravens anywhere near full strength. The three starters they sat on defense are all headed to the Pro Bowl. I figured you would know that.

I'm also sorry you can't acknowledge that Rudolph showed some of his old flaws at times today, too. I think he played a very good game against a defense that wasn't at its normal strength today. The throw to Johnson was dangerous, but he made it work.

9. JKLTO

JKLTO Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2023
    Why so touchy?! Can't ya just be happy with a win, my man?

10. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    He really had me nervous with holding onto the ball too long and getting the ball knocked out. But he came through with that strike to Johnson to win the game and going 18-20 in that weather is pretty impressive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    Also if DJ actually makes a real attempt at that sideline pass that could have been six or at least big yards.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    7 is way different than half the starters, and half the others play every game....they just aren't penciled in starters....just like every team
    Yeah I seen how You tried saying they pulled Queen, but that wasn't true...a lot of those players You thought they were pulling were just being changed for different plays, and breathers.

13. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They kept it mostly safe for him, but that throw to Johnson for the touchdown was a beauty. He got a little careless with the ball a few times, but I'll certainly take it.

14. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Good call. My first instinct was that Johnson needed to do a better job of running through it, but it might have just been a little out of his reach. Certainly no problem with that throw in that sort of weather.

15. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    They did pull Queen. He was out for a full possession. He came back in when Phillips got hurt. Again, I'm sorry you can't admit that this was a diminished Ravens defense.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  16. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Your fighting a no win battle. I know this guy.... No matter what Mason does .....He will have a reason to complain about what He did, and why He did it. He will write a book to you about the stats of another player from 5 years ago, and so on. He knows football, but His bias will make Him say some of the dumbest $hit, and nobody I know on here....has hated more on Mason, and propped up Trubisky than He has.

17. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It's certainly possible that the Steelers don't get the option of giving him the job or a chance to compete for it next season.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL.

19. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Do you enjoy being a fraud? I wrote that Rudolph did exactly what they needed from him today. I gave him credit for a beauty of a throw on the touchdown to Johnson. I also acknowledged that this wasn't the Ravens at full strength. I'm sorry you aren't honest enough to acknowledge that.

20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Translation: I'm right and you can't admit it.

21. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    That is usually the mark of a professor or a writer. Both have the same fatal flaw.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No I just don't care what You think. You've proven Your ability to judge a qb is not very good....so your opinion on the subject matters very little to Me ....outside of comedy relief. LoL. Tell us MORE about Trubisky's stats in Chicago. LoL

23. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Grade 3 is the worst. Mine was mild, grade 1.

• Informative Informative x 1
  24. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Madden doesn't count. Anything else?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  25. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Yeah, I looked it up. I had completely forgotten he played at Pitt.