1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers Vs. Ravens Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Why does the City need a victory for having a domestic abuser in the locker room?

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Even when they try to be physical with clean hits the refs call BS penalties on defense.

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree that the O deserves their share for sure,but there are teams still playing defense in this league we just aren't one of them and that's our bread and butter as a franchise. Sad really....

4. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I hate Harbaugh and the Ravens, but I never hated their fans until tonight. How so many people (men and women) could sport their Ray Rice jerseys tonight is bordering on ghoulish. I mean it's weird right?

5. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm trying to figure out why I'm going to two games this year. I must be a closet masochist.

6. SteelLaw

SteelLaw Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I agree. But all the flags over the years has caused the coaches to teach softness. I would rather a flag and be physical on every play by every player on both sides of the ball than the chap we have been seeing.

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I hear you Bro. Glad you're not one of those knee jerk guys that wants to fire the coach after every Win or Loss!

8. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Because that's what that **** hole is made of. They love to rally around criminals. Scum...

9. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Everyone of these asshats on TV are calling the penalties correct, but not noticing that the Ravens were not hampered by getting called for the same!!! How does a receiver come out of the game after getting hit in the head with no call!?

10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Tomlin was basically blaming the penalties on us. Seriously. I just heard his presser. It was like he didn't question ANYthing!

11. SteelLaw

Oct 24, 2011
  12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Unfortunately it happens in alot of facets of our lives. We as ticket holders support and condone transgressions of all kinds across many types of entertainment.

13. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    That's true. I seriously wouldn't be surprised if Rice got a "reality" show or something. People would watch it too. There's nothing sacred anymore.

14. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Flags didn't help, but neither did any side of the ball tonight. We got whooped and good. A couple bad calls weren't gonna help us out anyways.

15. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I've never seen a team look so unprepared in all phases off the game.. Everyone is to blame.

16. SteelLaw

Oct 24, 2011
    The bad calls changed the momentum and sent the message that the Steelers would not be allowed to play. with a young team like we now have, that is huge.

17. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I know it sucks and we all wish he would go off but that would be letting these guys off the hook,the bottom line is they need to put their big boy pants on on both sides of the ball and go out there and execute and perform. Stop making asinine and untimely mistakes and watch our misfortunes change. I know the refs suck,but the reflection in our guys mirrors isn't a pretty sight either. It's basically time to shut up and play and the coaches have to do their part and that's to scheme and put their guys in the best position to succeed. If drastic changes need to be made scheme wise then make them or don't let the door hit you on the way out. We all know the definition of insanity....

18. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    What have we learned from this game? JB is not ready to play at the NFL level.. Ben has bad games. He seemed to be throwing behind or not at the same velocity he threw against the Browns. Our defense has more holes then swiss cheese. It was not even misdirection that was the problem . Ravens did not even have misdirection plays. There was no answer to the run.. If they can fix the run game it totally will take care of the defense side of the ball.

Cortez Allen is not the answer to CB. He looked lost and he cant catch worth a darn.. Ike player a pretty good game from what I can tell but will wait for someone with better analytical skills them myself. Timmons had a better game but still looks like he is taking bad angles.. Wheaton look pretty good but not great. AB looked as though when he left the game concussed he was not the same after that..

Bell is the the answer Blount is not.

Baltimore is more like we use to be on defense a few years ago.. They are quick to the ball and they remember the rivalry. Looked as though the Steelers forgot who they were playing and what it meant as a division rivalry.. LOL..

The good news is we play them again in Nov. I do expect we win that one.. So we are 1-1 with Baltimore..

19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Something needs to change!

The come into every game the same way is BS!

20. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    To be fair he did take a full crown of the helmet shot to his chest that the announcers were joking about and apparently was the only questionable call in the game!!!!

21. Steel Acorn

Steel Acorn Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    The opening drive was impressive, as was last week's first half. Then essentially nothing on offense. Either a collapse or great adjustment by the opponent. Maybe a mental collapse? Seemed to be lots of busted routes and wrong plays. Everyone calls Lebeau's defense complicated, but our offense seems to be morphing in this direction, too.

22. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Ben did seem rattled a bit, hurried a few passes, but held on a little long to some too. Just wasn't his night, but not like the team inspired him to get his head back in the game so it is what it is.

23. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    sure.
    The last 2-3 seasons it's happened a few times.

24. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    At one point it appeared as though Ben was tossing the ball without awareness of where it was going. Did not even seem like he was pressured.. We all know what a pressured Ben looks like.. Usually running around right? lol

25. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Thanks dobbler.. this is exactly how I saw it