1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Steelers vs Ravens Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by blountforcetrauma, Nov 2, 2014.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats exactly what will happen if this keeps up!

2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    That works out to...

76% completion
    10.2 yards per attempt
    TD on 14% of attempts
    INT on 0% of attempts

And he is earning it, too. Nice passes. Great accuracy at all levels, especially deep, which is something I've complained about with him since he entered the league.

I don't know if he just has better chemistry with these receivers, or a light switch flipped on, but the deep ball has always been Ben's achilles heel. If he's learned to do that, he could be the league's best, and we could be a serious threat to win it all, no matter what our defense looks like.

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    "What cheap shots? I didn't see any video."

4. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm telling you, Bryant has opened our game up (and gave Ben a legitimate threat besides Brown - also woke Wheaton up).

And maybe there was something to Ben's hand being injured. He seems ok now. :)

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I was thinking that Harbaugh would probably say that he hadn't seen the video too and then when he DOES "see" it he will become incensed and release gumby suggs. LOL!

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    "Hey Rodger, I smell something burning."

7. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Ben, AB, and Harrison ... I think.

8. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I've always thought his deep ball was bad because he rarely has time to plant his feet and really use the right mechanics. If he had just a fraction of a second more on that pass to AB that was broken up he could have thrown 7 tonight.

9. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm pretty sure you know what I meant

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Not really. I must have missed a post, my bad.

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    The thing about that suggs play was that even though he didn't HIT his knees it looked like he INTENDED to and that's what makes it so infuriating.

12. chisox23

chisox23 New Member

Apr 26, 2012
    ____

13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    No crap! Taking that shot at someone when you're down by 4 scores and less than a minute left....They really need to make those against the rules if they're worried abut player safety.

14. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Well, he did plant the guy after the kick, but they were both going at it. Didn't get the number one of those ass hats was throwing kicks, but it looked like all those Ravens were waiting for something and jumped in swinging like a bunch of thugs!

15. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Gameball goes to DHB for swallowing up all that double coverage, allowing Ben open recievers to find.

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Post of the day so far!

17. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    lol... DHB limited snaps in the game , but Haley did insert him after the back,to back ,to back sack stuff ...We started spreading them out and guys started getting open ... The perfect example of guys drawing double Teams as other guys got open ... Teams still refuse to adjust to Bryant which is fine by me...

I don't care if DHB catches a ball all year it is clear he creates space when he is on the field he is also our blocker in the quick WR screen packages.....Ben used the pump fake to move the safeties this week the last 2 games they where already out of position ..We had to use Miller and Spaeth a lot more this week and it limited our 3 WR sets ...

Our most dangerous 3 WR set is still Brown, Bryant, and DHB and you will see more of that next week.

18. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    DHB is doing what is asked of him. I'm sure he is having a effect or he wouldn't be seeing the field at all. There are just so many options right now and not enough footballs to go around. Certain guys are asked to fill certain rolls and just because they don't show up in the statsheets doesn't mean they are not impacting the game. It's hard to be noticed or stand out with limited opportunities. Whatever it is ,it's working and if it ain't broke well.....

19. NashvilleCat

NashvilleCat Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2012
    I like this Ben. Let's keep him.